PDA

View Full Version : some advice please

ajs
12-07-2008, 04:20 PM
s's mum told me that she wouldn't be able to pay me from mid august to january as she is on mat leave so she would take her chances on me still being able to accomodate s and j come january if i wasn't able to hold the place.

i got a call asking me to have c from september until january when she starts full time school she will be 11.30 until 5 .30 everyday her sister from 3.30 - 5.30 everyday.

all well so far as it fills s's places beautifully

now s's mum today told me that she will need me to have s and j for odd days from septemeber.
so how do i word the letter to ofsted re a variation (i have never done one before)
i will have forgetting s and her still unborn brother j

e 2 full time from 8 - 6
o 1 mon to wed 8 - 6
c 4.5 mon to fri 11.30 - 5.30
f 6 mon to fri 3.30 - 5.30
r 6 mon to fri 3.30 - 5.30

i currently have s mon and thurs half days and tues and wed full days
i offered her until 11.30 every day but not with the baby as that would keep me within the numbers but she's now told me she will definately need wed afternoon from 3 until 5

sorry if you are confused so am i

do i ask ofsted as if j was born already do i mention c and f who come jan will be after schoolers only help my head hurts

i could and possibly will say no to the baby just yet as it's causing me headaches thinking about having him too

crazybones
12-07-2008, 04:50 PM
:huh: :confused: I am still trying to work my own lot out for the first 10 days of Sept until A starts school and think I cocked up somewhere on the way. If I could just find a childminder for these three noisy maggots I might be able to think straight. :panic: I might be back to help you later.

ajs
12-07-2008, 04:53 PM
:huh: :confused: I am still trying to work my own lot out for the first 10 days of Sept until A starts school and think I cocked up somewhere on the way. If I could just find a childminder for these three noisy maggots I might be able to think straight. :panic: I might be back to help you later.

i'll do it just bring them here and come and help me write this letter i'm stuck

crazybones
12-07-2008, 05:02 PM
I think I need to start again tomorrow. I have just written a newsletter and after reading it back I think I should get a job with Ofsted. I asked Dave to read it and he said - if he was looking for childcare he wouldnt send them to me because nothing made sense and what did make sense made me sound like Hitler.:angry: I need to soften my demands on the parents. :censored: :censored:

ajs
12-07-2008, 05:09 PM
I think I need to start again tomorrow. I have just written a newsletter and after reading it back I think I should get a job with Ofsted. I asked Dave to read it and he said - if he was looking for childcare he wouldnt send them to me because nothing made sense and what did make sense made me sound like Hitler.:angry: I need to soften my demands on the parents. :censored: :censored:

don't be too soft though they'll only take advantage

i think i need to start a newsletter.
i did used to do one then i stopped and no one noticed :eek:

sarah707
12-07-2008, 05:49 PM
Mandy.... in member's resources, Susi kindly donated a chart called 'numbers schedule' ...

It might help you lay out the different children's days and hours etc in a way you can make sense :D

emmadines
12-07-2008, 06:09 PM
Mandy.... in member's resources, Susi kindly donated a chart called 'numbers schedule' ...

It might help you lay out the different children's days and hours etc in a way you can make sense :D

sorry, have yo a link to that???

miffy
12-07-2008, 06:14 PM
sorry, have yo a link to that???

You need the password to the resources section which is in the Full members minding chat

Then click on resources at the top of the forum and follow the instructions

HTH

Miffy xx

miffy
12-07-2008, 06:16 PM
Sorry Mandy having difficulty getting my head round that - is the parent being cheeky expecting you to be able to have her children when she isn't actually paying you to keep a space open for them or did I read that wrong?

Register Sam as your assistant it seems the easier option

Miffy xx

berkschick
12-07-2008, 06:46 PM
I can email you my recent variation letter ( you too Annie :thumbsup: ) if it will help?

emmadines
12-07-2008, 06:47 PM
You need the password to the resources section which is in the Full members minding chat

Then click on resources at the top of the forum and follow the instructions

HTH

Miffy xx

i forgot that was there :blush: :blush:

miffy
12-07-2008, 06:50 PM
Easily done - I had to search for the password!

Miffy xx

Heaven Scent
12-07-2008, 08:26 PM
Mandy where does the mad woman with the floater days fit in and which days would they be? cause you need to include the fact that these days would be free is it e or o on your list?

crazybones
12-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Thank you Debbie. That has helped loads. I know what I am doing now. (Well I will in the morning with a clear head) :thumbsup:

ajs
12-07-2008, 11:05 PM
hi
she orgianally told me she couldn't afford to pay me anything and would risk losing the place, then i told her that i had this after nursery child from sept until jan that filled the space so i would def be able to keep the space open for no charge and now she told me today that she's set up a standing order for £150 per month for the odd days i will have one or both of the kids
of all my mum's she's the one who says things like she gets paid for holidays why shouldn't i
and that i should put into my invoices a day a month paid but unworked for training days

celine
it is e who's mum is pushing her luck but not really in a bad way just being cheeky

thanks for the reminder about the chart and thanks too di foir the offer i will pm you my address

miffy
13-07-2008, 08:01 AM
Maybe this mum is worried that you might not have a place come January unless she does pay you something.

Good luck sorting out the variation

Miffy xx

ajs
13-07-2008, 08:08 AM
i don't think that she would even consider this a problem if you know what i mean
i have looked after s since she was 8 weeks and the whole family are like a part of our family now.

even though s is a little monster (20months) she is so adorable. i couldn't imagine not having her anymore

and i did tell her that having c from sept until jan meant she had a guarantee of the place
but i am not complaining about the money just worried about what she's going to need hours wise

miffy
13-07-2008, 08:12 AM
Think you should have a chat with mum then and try and work out what she has in mind then make some firm arrangements for days/hours so you know what you've got to cover when you write to Ofsted.

It might also mean they come and inspect you earlier than expected :eek:

Miffy xx

ajs
13-07-2008, 08:20 AM
Think you should have a chat with mum then and try and work out what she has in mind then make some firm arrangements for days/hours so you know what you've got to cover when you write to Ofsted.

It might also mean they come and inspect you earlier than expected :eek:

Miffy xx

chat already arranged i have told her i need to talk on monday
i think what is holding us both back is making any definate plans before the baby is actually born
silly i know as once he's here we'll never have any chance to chat again

i did warn her that it may bring my inspection date earlier so that she'd better get my risk assessments sorted.
i suppose it's not the end of the world if they come before eyfs comes in although my garden looks like a bomb has hit so david will have lots to do if they do come early.
i am going to talk to her fill in sam's cm2 then write to o this week if i get a chance

miffy
13-07-2008, 08:35 AM
You seem to have it all in hand

Good luck - keep me posted

Miffy xx

Heaven Scent
13-07-2008, 12:52 PM
Good luck with it all - rather you then me I'm terrified of ever having to request a variation - perhaps as time goes by and I'm registered longer then I'll be more confident.

As you have e down as F/T then you're not looking for much more are you really shouldn't be too bad especially if you explain that the full timer will only be there 3 days some weeks you could also see if mum would try ti fit in around your 3 day per week child (o) that you have at the moment - and could e's mum take her to grandma on the same 2 days to facilitate baby when he come along until Jan? Then on days when you have baby you could offer those days free to e's mum and it would be doing you both a favour and if you explained this to ofsted then they would probably look more favourably on your application and not take too much notice of you.