PDA

View Full Version : Well that didnt work as well as i hoped!

smurfette
03-09-2013, 10:30 AM
I recently got a tuff spot and dh has attached it

To two old school tables, which I hoped would
Mean Littlies could have water play but not soak
Themselves as they were climbing in lol!

I covered them in big play aprons but they were
Still soaked ,, so had to change all three nappies and all!

What do rest of you do, all in one snowsuits?!

clareelizabeth1
03-09-2013, 10:40 AM
I do all in one splash suits (80% affective)if I really don't want them to get wet. Mostly I just let them have fun, get wet and explore. All the children I have ever looked after have been real water babes do if would of been mean not to let them.

smurfette
03-09-2013, 11:30 AM
Ah no they had such fun and I don't mind changing them and parents don't Mind either it's just if I could save the work I will! One got a bit cranky waiting to be changed but think he was tired too ., thanks for reply!

singingcactus
03-09-2013, 11:36 AM
I have some oversized teeshirts, 4-5 sizes to big for the kids. I just strip them down to nappy or pants, pop the tee on them and let them at it :) I use these for painting, messy play and potty training too. Covers the whole child, their clothes or their dignity.

clareelizabeth1
03-09-2013, 11:42 AM
I have some oversized teeshirts, 4-5 sizes to big for the kids. I just strip them down to nappy or pants, pop the tee on them and let them at it :) I use these for painting, messy play and potty training too. Covers the whole child, their clothes or their dignity.

I like that idea. Would save time.

smurfette
03-09-2013, 11:54 AM

Fab thanks!!!

hectors house
03-09-2013, 12:25 PM
Its easier when weather cooler as then I just put painting aprons on them or a very long plastic mac type coat that I bought in cheap shop for couple of quid each. In the summer it is too hot - have tried disposable aprons but they didn't like them, so they just get wet and clothes go on line while they have afternoon nap. I did visit a nursery once and they had thick plastic aprons that they had made themselves. (Not the children - a clever member of staff)