View Full Version : Variation for and hour 2 days a week

munch149
03-09-2013, 05:53 AM
It's new business so straight away I'm thinking no. I would have

Dd 18 months
Mindee 2 years 8-4.30
Mindee 2 years (new) 8 - 5
Sibling mindee (new) 3 3.20 - 5 at preschool all day

So the clash is only 3.20 until 4.30. They haven't confirmed they want me yet anyway. In my mind I'm thinking no with the new regulations but I know before if I would have requested this from ofsted they would had granted it. I may even be able to get my step mum to have dd at 4 so could be as little as half hour clash. Just hate the thought of losing the younger child all day for the sake of half hour and I'm one of very few minders who actually do a pickup from the pre school he goes too

Mrsh3103
03-09-2013, 06:09 AM
It's annoying when these things happen isn't it. Unfortunately I'm going to agree with you & say no you can't do it :(
Even if your dd gets picked up by stepmum she will still be in your numbers so you'd still be going over! Could you see if mum could do an earlier pick up on tgat day?

jax clinch
03-09-2013, 06:09 AM
Are you not ok because they are siblings? I'm sure someone who knows more will come along and tell you x

Mrsh3103
03-09-2013, 06:24 AM
I read it as both siblings are new business. If one was already with her then she could do it as continuity of care.

Chatterbox Childcare
03-09-2013, 06:39 AM
I first read it and when you said new business I stopped as it is a no.

I then read a bit more - what about getting mum as an assistant for the school run and then you are covered?