PDA

View Full Version : fees

lydiachildm
02-09-2013, 10:30 PM
I'm starting out and I am unsure what to charge in terms of holidays. What do most people do? Do you take 21 days and charge parent or do you charge them if they take a holiday? what about bank holidays?

Mrsh3103
03-09-2013, 06:39 AM
It's entirely up to you how you charge. I charge parents if I'm here & available to work but they choose not to send lo. If im unavailable they don't pay! I don't want to work bank holidays so I don't charge for them. I don't have a limit on how many days holiday I take or the parents take as I wont be charging or they will be paying full fees. I'm aiming for about 3 full weeks off next year and then I'll
have odd days throughout the year, long weekends etc.

sarah707
03-09-2013, 05:32 PM
I don't charge for holidays - but others do! It really is up to you.

Have a look at other local cms on your Family Information Services site that will give you some ideas :D

Anacrusis
03-09-2013, 07:27 PM
I charge full for parents holidays and half fees for 2 weeks of holiday per year for myself. I can barely afford the cheapest possible holiday even doing that & my mindee's familes wouldn't go without a holiday so I don't see why I should!

Whatever you do, make sure you make it clear to parents when filling in contracts so they know what they're agreeing to / have a chance not to agree to avoid any misunderstandings later.