PDA

View Full Version : Resources for walls

sprinkles
02-09-2013, 08:10 PM
I need ideas of what to put on the walls in the play room. Cheap as possible please. I've got a friend making me an a3 print of house rules, am looking for one of those things that is like lots of polly pockets joined together to display artwork (?) and am thinking of getting a couple of posters - one with colours and the other with nursery rhymes. I've already got a-z and number line as seen in pictures and there's laminated shapes and some chalkboard stickers to go on the back of the door.

Ideas please?

loocyloo
02-09-2013, 08:31 PM
I have 2 big notice boards ( 1.5m x 1m ) Dh made for me. one has all the childrens artwork on it, sometimes I do a display, but usually its just our 'art gallery'/ the other board has copies of areas of EYFS/characteristics of effective learning ( but small - A5 size! ), termly planning, a block of post its pinned to the wall & a pen for instant obs/ideas/thoughts and currently lots of photos of the children and postcards of places we have been!

my other wall has a big window in it, this has a rainbow spiral thing hanging in it, the next wall has my toy storage ( 2 with big white doors, 1 open shelves with baskets etc on ) at Christmas I put a big paper tree on the doors and we decorated it as the days went by. and the last wall has a recess in it ( DH wants to put flat screen tv in it - I said no way - we barely watch tv, don't need one in playroom. he said 'for our own children in the evenings/with Wii' ... I said NO! unless I can give up work :laughing: oh look ... no tv! :D ) in the recess I have a small cd player & a few cds, a mirror & wooden rainbow.

I like to keep things as calm as possible, and change displays/pictures around to keep children interested as they soon stop noticing all your hardwork! also, to be effective for LO, everything needs to be at their height and then it is just an invitation for them to remove it!:laughing:

xxx

sprinkles
02-09-2013, 08:34 PM
Haha yes!! I'm thinking the posters, rules and display of artwork may be enough just now. I ordered a notice board but it never arrived, contacted them last week and they said the courier confirmed it had been lost and they'd sent another one for delivery on Friday but still not arrived :( was going to put some info and photos etc on it.

Someone posted this the other day but can't find the thread and really want to get one - anyone know where I can get one and what it's called?

loocyloo
02-09-2013, 09:02 PM
Haha yes!! I'm thinking the posters, rules and display of artwork may be enough just now. I ordered a notice board but it never arrived, contacted them last week and they said the courier confirmed it had been lost and they'd sent another one for delivery on Friday but still not arrived :( was going to put some info and photos etc on it.

Someone posted this the other day but can't find the thread and really want to get one - anyone know where I can get one and what it's called?

LOL! that's me!!!

its called a picture pocket http://www.amazon.co.uk/Picture-Pockets-Kids-Art-SIZE/dp/B00270CYGO/ref=sr_1_3?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1378155587&sr=1-3&keywords=a4+pocket+display+book

the little board is called a focus board ... Blue Group Focus Board (http://www.primaryteaching.co.uk/Products/DTS1/blue-group-focus-board) ( great website, fantastic for stickers etc! sign up for a catalogue and i think you get sent some freebies:D )

sprinkles
02-09-2013, 09:17 PM
LOL! that's me!!!

its called a picture pocket http://www.amazon.co.uk/Picture-Pockets-Kids-Art-SIZE/dp/B00270CYGO/ref=sr_1_3?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1378155587&sr=1-3&keywords=a4+pocket+display+book

the little board is called a focus board ... Blue Group Focus Board (http://www.primaryteaching.co.uk/Products/DTS1/blue-group-focus-board) ( great website, fantastic for stickers etc! sign up for a catalogue and i think you get sent some freebies:D )

I had a feeling you were going to say it was you lol!! Ooh, thanks will have a look :D