PDA

View Full Version : Feeling deflated

kimskiddies
02-09-2013, 07:37 PM
What a day :((

I absolutely love childminding but the last week or so I have been feeling very down and stressed with it all.
I wonder if maybe it's the school hols as I am completely full all holidays but I'm worried that I'm loosing heart with it.
I'm just about to start my level 3 in childcare but I'm scared that it won't make me feel better, please help with any suggestions u may have.
I have been childminding for 7 yrs now and have loved every minute until now.
Thanks in advance
Kim x
@ Kim's kiddies xx

loocyloo
02-09-2013, 08:38 PM
hi there, sounds to me as if you are just exhausted.

when its the holidays I am always shattered because the older mindees seem to need something all the time, where as the LO either nap or have quiet time, or can play quietly aound me whilst I sit down for 20 mins!

I really enjoyed my level 3 and you will be great. take it one week at a time and relax. are you doing it in a classroom setting? I really enjoyed meeting up with other childminders and sharing the joys and tribulations of the job.

can you take 10/15/20 mins out each evening to go for a walk on your own to clear your head, or do something you enjoy just for you. I go dancing once a week and sing in a choir that meets every other week. I find when I'm out at these activities I can't think about work and have to totally concentrate on what I am doing, which is as good as a rest! as when i'm home, i'm always thinking of things I need to do!

take care, hugs x

hectors house
02-09-2013, 09:25 PM
I really enjoyed my level 3 - I met some lovely like minded people who were passionate about their jobs and improving their knowledge. The summer holidays are hard - I don't even take on school children but I find the change in routine, lack of toddler groups, children coming and going on holiday very unsettling - I will be glad to get back to a toddler group tomorrow (and have a little adult company).

kimskiddies
02-09-2013, 09:39 PM
Ah thank you so much!

I am very excited about the level 3 course and hoping it will give me the boost I need, I also need to get together with other childminders a little more as other than meeting another minder at toddler group once a week I don't c anyone else.
I love my job and always have done, I think this is why it's upset me so much, I also think my own youngest child (3) is really testing me at the moment and making my job really hard.
Hay ho tomorrow's another day, thank u again I really appreciate the support.
Kim xxxx

nikki thomson
02-09-2013, 09:51 PM
I think also in the holidays you don't get a break, my little lo sleeps for 2+ hrs in the afternoon but with my own 3 at home and Today I had 2 older schoolers if I hear the words mummmmmmy or nikkkkki one more time I'm going to lock my self in a sound proof box, lol.
Gets easier as there all back at school tomorrow, yay. X

miffy
02-09-2013, 09:53 PM
If you've been really busy all through the holidays then you're probably shattered. Much as I love not having to go out on the school runs and the freedom to choose when I go out I also find I don't get a minute to myself through the day as someone always wants something!

See how you feel in a couple of weeks time once everyone is settled back into routine and like Loocyloo suggests tray nd make a bit of time for you each day -- even half an hour will help recharge your batteries. :)

Miffy xx

KatieFS
02-09-2013, 10:08 PM
I can't wait till kids go back weds, try to get back to normal...whatever that is of course!
Settled in twins babies and had to let assistant go, with it give notice to parent.
Felt very overwhelmed but nearly there...!
Chin up, level 3 will help energise you a bit as this is what it's doing for me - I finish in nxt 2 months.

maxie77
03-09-2013, 03:57 PM
I've also been feeling like this through the holidays, think its been the mix of mindees. Finally got through it all back to school tomorrow. I'm starting my level 3 as well and I am hoping it will give me a lift and a new lease of life at childminding.

kimskiddies
06-09-2013, 10:40 AM
Where are you doing your level 3??