PDA

View Full Version : Advice required for car seat

kel1983
02-09-2013, 04:05 PM
mnthsWe are in need of another car seat. We have a Zafira with lap belt in the middle seat. In the middle seat we have a Britax Prince and use another Prince next to it. We also have 2 high back boosters which just use the car seat belts. We require another which is suitable for 2-5 years.

Well in my search I came across one of these Master SP Premium High Back Booster Car in Noir Shadow - Babies R Us - Britain's greatest toy store (http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-Us/Travel-and-Pushchairs/Car-Seats-and-Boosters/Group-1-2-and-3/Master-SP-Premium-High-Back-Booster-Car-in-Noir-Shadow(0099253)?searchPosition=14)

Does anyone have experience with one of these. I have only found 2 reviews from buyer which are both not happy. One review simply says "Bad" and the 2nd review says they bought it for a 9 month old which looked lost in it and was not suitable at all.

Now I personally would not put a baby that young in this seat although it states its suitable for 9 months - 14 years.

We have bought high back boosters with full harness before but found they just would not suit the cars seat and belts.

Any views and advice would be greatfully received. Its not something I want to rush into buying

js1976
02-09-2013, 04:11 PM
I haven't got experience of this particular car seat, but have had a similar problem. We have a Toyota Landcruiser with a middle lap belt and struggled to find a lap belt option for this age group. Even the car seat options we could find interfered with lifting up the side seat to get children into the back row.

We ended up getting a 3 point belt fitted instead, cost about £200 from a company called seat belt service but I'm sure there are others. Very happy with the result - for me it was worth the extra money for the flexibility.

jackie 7
02-09-2013, 04:35 PM
Do you have a kiddiecare near you? They would help you find a seat that could work.

amyp
02-09-2013, 04:38 PM
Although they say 9 months + really it's over 24 months for these style of seats!

kel1983
02-09-2013, 07:11 PM
Although they say 9 months + really it's over 24 months for these style of seats!

I wouldnt want to use it for a child who was under 2. Especially if they are small. We have a 2 year old at the moment who is the size of 3 year old

Chatterbox Childcare
02-09-2013, 07:41 PM
My advice is to take your car and all the seats you have to Mothercare/Kiddicare/Halfords etc and ask them what they think is best. They are trained in this after all.