PDA

View Full Version : Mixed ages

amyp
02-09-2013, 03:54 PM
Do many of you have young ones then collect after schoolers too? How do you find it? How many do you have altogether?

Thanks x

Mrsh3103
02-09-2013, 04:12 PM
I have a mixture ranging from under 1 up to 10 years old.
The older ones are def more hard work though!! I just make sure that I've got a craft activity set up on the kitchen table for when we get home from the school run. That usually keeps them entertained long enough for me to sort the little ones out. :)

Samijanec
02-09-2013, 04:14 PM
I have two under fives and four schoolers..

loocyloo
02-09-2013, 04:22 PM
I have 3 or 4 under 5s. 2/3/4yrs and then collect up 4/5 schoolies ( all girls !!! ) plus a 'just starting reception boy' plus DS who starts high school tomorrow !!

it works for me; the LO love meeting everyone at school and then home for a craft activity/game/'organised' activity mainly for the schoolies, but that the LO can do/help with if interested. although if it is dry the schoolies just want to run around the garden as soon as we get home OR sit and read books! ( I seem to attract the 2 extremes at the moment! ) for half an hour before tea. after tea, we all help clear the table/tidy up, then its shoes/coats on and we sit and read books/do puzzles/maybe watch a bit of a DVD before going home. we're into Scooby Doo/wacky races/flintstones, and I think i'm going to get top cat!

karen m
02-09-2013, 04:55 PM
At the moment I have a boys 2,3,5,7 and girls 18 mts, 3,5, although never all together they do all get along

Mrs Scrubbit
02-09-2013, 09:33 PM
Use to many moons ago, have now opted for an easier worklife.......pre schoolers only, and I'm sticking to them! xx

sprinkles
02-09-2013, 10:12 PM
Use to many moons ago, have now opted for an easier worklife.......pre schoolers only, and I'm sticking to them! xx

This is what I plan to do. I currently have one little one and pick up her sister from school but have turned away any other after school enquiries. School is about 30 min walk away and mum is hoping there will be an after school club or similar for eldest to go to. I've only actually picked her up from school two out of four times as mum has finished college early or child has gone to friend's house. I'm hoping there will be after school club too as I find older ones are harder work and it means I have to wake little one to go on school run.

mama2three
03-09-2013, 07:25 AM
Today ( inset day) I have a new 8 month old , 2 x 3yr olds , a 6 , 7 , almost 9 , and 2 10 year olds. Bit of a culture shock when all but one 3yr old are term time only , so a lovely quiet summer then in at the deep end yesterday and today. Tomorrow , once theyre all back at school some routine will help restore my sanity!

amyp
03-09-2013, 11:05 AM
So although I may go insane it can work! Lol