PDA

View Full Version : uni childcare grant

littlebears1009
02-09-2013, 11:19 AM
Does anyone have a mindee whos parents are at university and get help with childcare costs through the student finance?
If so do you still fees in advance?

This is my first proper enquiry and i want to be able to give as much info as i can later.

Thanks

Simona
02-09-2013, 11:55 AM
Does anyone have a mindee whos parents are at university and get help with childcare costs through the student finance?
If so do you still fees in advance?

This is my first proper enquiry and i want to be able to give as much info as i can later.

Thanks

When I was at uni I used to get a grant from Student Finance...unfortunately they are not in advance they are paid twice over the year you are at uni....for childcare fees the arrangement may be different

Talk to the parent and come to an agreement with her...she can show you the application form for you to check....hope it works for you

MaffAnna
02-09-2013, 12:25 PM
I have one parent who's going in September. She's getting her childcare paid termly (17 weeks in a go) and wants to pay me 17 weeks in advance! But previous parents have just paid me monthly in advance. Good luck with the meeting!

littlebears1009
02-09-2013, 02:08 PM
Yes ive just looked and apparently they pay the parent termly in advance so thats good. Thank you!

Koala
02-09-2013, 02:34 PM
I have had a parent at uni last year who was getting funding from uni for childcare.

I didn't get involved at all in her issues and there was a LOT!, I did have to complete forms for her on numerous occasions but she paid me as I required - monthly in advance.

The uni didn't pay her for 3 months. I think they do this because there are so many drop outs in the first term.

Although I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, it doesn't pay my rent so unfortunately I have to acknowledge, it's their funding - it's their issue.
If I hadn't got paid and waited for uni to issue funds and she dropped out then you are well and truly screwed. Make sure you safeguard yourself.

Take care :thumbsup:

kerry1
02-09-2013, 08:20 PM
I have a parent at the moment who is at uni, she gets paid every four weeks then she pays me the day she gets it. Never in advance though so work two weeks before I get payment :-)