PDA

View Full Version : BACK TO SCHOOL THIS WEEK ?

angeldelight
02-09-2013, 08:16 AM
Are your children back at school this week?

Are you back doing school runs even if you don't have your own children ?

Soooo glad I no longer do school runs

Are you happy the children are back or don't you want them to go ?

Angel xx

Toothfairy
02-09-2013, 08:21 AM
Morning
My own children go back on Thursday as they have two inset days but Mindees are back from tomorrow. :thumbsup:

EmmaReed84
02-09-2013, 08:21 AM
I am so gutted they are back to school. I have been dreading this day for the last year. This year my little baby starts full time school. I am absolutely beside myself. The school isn't back until tomorrow, but I have already cried today. I keep looking at him and feeling so sad!

I have had two years of being with him all the time and I am going to miss it so much! It sounds awful I can't wait for my eldest to go back to school. Not because I don't want him, but because he has ADHD and he suffers really badly in the holidays, he needs strict routine, it seems to calm him. I hate seeing him so anxious and all the time.

I have two potential new clients coming to visit, one on Tuesday and one of Thursday so fingers crossed. All just messaged a Mum looking for full time care for a 9 month old!

kellib
02-09-2013, 08:34 AM
My son went back on the 14th August so we are well into the swing of things here, still shattered getting up early though lol

supermumy
02-09-2013, 08:40 AM
Not bk till 9th here

mrs robbie williams
02-09-2013, 08:42 AM
Back weds here but mine only back for one day as going on hols on thurs :)

loocyloo
02-09-2013, 08:45 AM
DS starts high school tomorrow :( he looks so grown up in his uniform and i'm excited for him, but am going to miss him terribly, as for most of the holidays ( :rolleyes: ) he has been lovely to have around and really helpful. the LOs will miss him too.

DD goes back to school on Wednesday, she has also been very helpful this holidays, and we will all miss having her around.

I won't be doing school runs to high school, but still doing school runs for DD and mindees!

lou lou
02-09-2013, 08:50 AM
no really do not want my little girl to go back to school she goes into year 2 this year and love having her at home going to miss her wednesday

FussyElmo
02-09-2013, 09:39 AM
Dont want mine to go back. My littlest baby goes into year 1 and my eldest year 10.

Time with them is so short so its precious and I intend on enjoying every single moment with them. Holidays need to be longer :-D

FussyElmo
02-09-2013, 09:42 AM
DS starts high school tomorrow :( he looks so grown up in his uniform and i'm excited for him, but am going to miss him terribly, as for most of the holidays ( :rolleyes: ) he has been lovely to have around and really helpful. the LOs will miss him too.

DD goes back to school on Wednesday, she has also been very helpful this holidays, and we will all miss having her around.

I won't be doing school runs to high school, but still doing school runs for DD and mindees!

I know what you mean my eldest is helping mindee and youngest dd to make a puppet theatre. Will miss her Wednesday

AgentTink
02-09-2013, 09:54 AM
My little girl starts reception on Wednesday and this is the first school run I have ever had to do. Im really stressing about the logistics of it all. But im sure once ive started it, i will get into a good rountine. Im more worried for one of my parents though as she can turn up anywhere in a 45 minute slot. I have advised that if she is not here by 830 then i will have left and she will then have to meet me up at the school. A bit nervous how this will work.

Luckily my partner has swopped shifts at work so he can collect out little one 3 days a wek and my sister collects on another day, so only really the mornings and one pick up to do. And as the sure start os connected to the school hope to use the sessions for my mindees that start at 9 as are up that way. :)

ziggy
02-09-2013, 10:22 AM
First day back here today.

Only have one schoolie, only agreed to have him to keep younger brothers.

Not looking forward to madness of taking him to bus stop for 8.50 just as other 2 mindees are arriving.

Not looking forward to getting 3yr old up at 2.50 to meet bus at 3.10 but heyho it may not be as bad as i'm expecting

maisiemog
02-09-2013, 10:31 AM
Kids go back to school on weds here. They've gained an extra day off as building work isn't finished!

First time ever that I would actually need to be doing the school run anyway as my dd starts on weds. She isn't full time until 23rd so I'm going to be spending half my day on school runs for the next three weeks!

maxie77
02-09-2013, 10:48 AM
Back to school on wed here. My son will be starting year 1. Have enjoyed having him around through hols,
will be glad school age mindee's are starting back and I can get back into my normal routine of playgroups etc
with the little ones :thumbsup:

tulip0803
02-09-2013, 11:01 AM
Back to school tomorrow here. DD1 starts 6th Form.

One of my mindees starts Meithrin (playschool/nursery) 5 days this week so have to remember to pick him up:rolleyes:.

Another starts part-time in Oct and I will have to drop & collect.

smurfette
02-09-2013, 11:43 AM
My girls were all back last week.. Dd1 into first year secondary on wed, others on Thursday. So first full week of it now! Will be glad of the routine of play groups etc but will miss them, they are a great help and it's been nice not to have the pressures of early mornings and homework!