PDA

View Full Version : Parents birthday

greanan
02-09-2013, 12:27 AM
What does everyone do for mindees parents birthday? I normally just help them make a card and sometimes they do cakes for them aswell. I have one whos mum I'm friends with so get her a pressie. Anyway - mindees who I've had for four years it's mums 30th birthday on wed - should I be buying a wee pressie??

Mouse
02-09-2013, 06:19 AM
I don't buy presents for mindees parents unless they're friends and I would have got them something whether or not I was minding their child.

I usually get mindees to make a card and maybe a small present, such as a decorated photo frame, some paper flowers etc.

scottishlass
02-09-2013, 06:25 AM
I just get mindees to make them a card too xx

hectors house
02-09-2013, 06:42 AM
Mindees make a card - we used to always make cakes or biscuits too but with 7 mindees (14 parents) as well as Mothers & Father's Day, Easter, Christmas too I'm trying to stop making cakes for birthdays as it is taking the pleasure out of making cakes just because we want too. Also several mindees only come one day a week so hard enough as it is to find time to make a card without pressure of cakes too.

However if you feel that 30 is a significant birthday then maybe buy this mother a bottle of wine or small bunch of flowers. I have done this for 40th & 50th but probably wouldn't for 30 - maybe its because I'm old and my memory is going but can't remember 30 being anything special!

loocyloo
02-09-2013, 07:47 AM
if anyone tells me its a parents birthday then we will try & make a card or a painting, but that is as far as I go, unless parent is a friend as well as a parent!

karen m
02-09-2013, 07:53 AM
If a parent mentions its a birthday we make a card but I will not get into buying presents for parents, I buy for mindees birthday, Christmas

rickysmiths
02-09-2013, 07:56 AM
We may make a card for the Mindee to give but on the whole I have no idea when my parents birthdays are to be honest.

Chimps Childminding
02-09-2013, 08:16 AM
We may make a card for the Mindee to give but on the whole I have no idea when my parents birthdays are to be honest.

Same here!!! If I happened to find out it was someone's birthday, I may get mindee to make a card, but then you have to be careful if you do it for one :rolleyes: but I wouldn't buy presents unless as someone else said I would have done anyway! Its hard enough trying to find things for Mother's/Father's Day, and I buy mindees Birthday, Christmas and Easter (plus birth/christening for siblings)

tashaleee
02-09-2013, 08:17 AM
We just make a card (personally I think thats enough - maybe as a one off we will do something to eat like biscuits or cakes but only if it fits in with our daily plans) :thumbsup: