PDA

View Full Version : Meal charges

Langaleah
01-09-2013, 09:20 PM
So was just wondering for those who provide meals do you charge and if so how much?
I stated that I would provide breakfast lunch & snacks and then if evening meal was required it would be an extra £1,
But then I have 2 after school children, and as they are obv not having the breakfast & lunch (that's included) i felt like I shouldn't charge for the evening meal....
What do you guys think?

vikiwizz
01-09-2013, 09:48 PM
I charge £2 for an evening meal but I don't supply breakfast or lunch.

Chatterbox Childcare
02-09-2013, 06:40 AM
£2.50 for tea/dinner/lunch and .50p for cereal. Based it on what it would cost me if I was cooking for 1.

hectors house
02-09-2013, 06:45 AM
I don't do breakfast but charge £1.50 for cooked lunch and dessert and £1.50 for tea (sandwiches, fruit, cakes etc) - sometimes I think tea can cost more than the lunch as things like good quality ham, cheese and bread are so expensive. I include drinks and snacks in my hourly fee and have free milk from Cool milk.

EmmaReed84
02-09-2013, 06:59 AM
Personally, if you state that breakfast, lunch and snacks are included, but hot cooked dinner is chargeable, then charge for it.

Why would you not charge for it if you have already stated it is chargeable?

It's like buying a happy meal, you get a free toy. You wouldn't expect to get a free toy with an adult meal because that is not the deal... If that makes sense...

Plus I am guessing that cooking for after schoolies is going you cost you a lot more than just £ per child.

I just charge a slightly higher rate, but include all meals with a minimum amount of hours.

karen m
02-09-2013, 07:58 AM
I include all meals in my £4 per hour. never had a problem with it

loocyloo
02-09-2013, 08:10 AM
I include all meals in my £4 per hour. never had a problem with it

same here.

some schoolies, have tea, some have a snack instead. some LO & schoolies have breakfast, some LO have lunch. I am quite flexible about children having tea or a snack, I just ask that parents let me know the day before if they do/don't want whatever their usual is, and then I don't waste food by cooking it, or not cooking enough.

rickysmiths
02-09-2013, 09:06 AM
I include all meals and snacks in my fees so I don't have any problems and its easier to do the accounts. I couldn't be bothered negotiating meals with a parent, life is too short. What do you do if they are off sick and you have already done the shopping and preparation for the day?

Simona
02-09-2013, 09:22 AM
So was just wondering for those who provide meals do you charge and if so how much?
I stated that I would provide breakfast lunch & snacks and then if evening meal was required it would be an extra £1,
But then I have 2 after school children, and as they are obv not having the breakfast & lunch (that's included) i felt like I shouldn't charge for the evening meal....
What do you guys think?

With the ever increasing cost of food, electricity and gas ...oh and petrol to get to the shops ...can £2 possibly cover your costs?
It is of course your choice but talk to the parents and see if you can raise your fees and include meals...how do cms arrive at £2?

This is something that parents who use holiday care often mention...it is cheaper but as it does not include any meals it ends up being more costly to them as they have to shop and cook after collecting children instead of picking them up well fed and ready for quality time before bedtime!

scottishlass
02-09-2013, 01:26 PM
I charge £1 for breakfast and £1 for lunch and £2 for dinner. Snacks are included in my fee. I would still charge if I were you xx

charlottenash
02-09-2013, 02:04 PM
£1.50 for lunch or dinner, 2.50 for both. Breakfast and snacks included in price

Tinkerbell1979
02-09-2013, 02:06 PM
Mine I all included within my fee.