PDA

View Full Version : Teething and vomiting

gcragg
01-09-2013, 06:27 PM
Hi

I'm a new childminder and would really appreciate any advice. I'm looking after a 17 month old little girl who was sick three times last Tuesday. Her dad did pick her up but they felt it was due to teething and an emotional reaction as it was the first day she was back to me after a weeks holiday and bank holiday Monday.

I minded her on Thursday but sadly she was sick again on the fri eve twice and again now this evening meaning I can't have her tomorrow.

The child's mum is a very good NCT friend and I feel slightly awkward about
The fact I'm being paid still
Her mum is convinced its teething and not sickness.
I'm adhering to my sickness policy although am not experienced enough to say that it is teething and its fine.

Any help or views very gratefully received,
Gemma

kellib
01-09-2013, 06:37 PM
I think you are doing the right thing, I've never heard of a child being sick due to teething!!

There's a sickness bug going around here, a boy in my sons class was sick in school on Thursday and was back at school on Friday, couldn't believe the school let him go back!! Just waiting on my boy coming down with it now as he gets everything!

Zoomie
01-09-2013, 06:48 PM
I also think you doing the right thing by adhering to sickness policy. Parent can't prove it's teething and not a bug so best to err on the side caution.

I had similar, but mindee had very very loose stools. Unless a swab was done and tested neither of us could say 100pc one way or the other.

gcragg
02-09-2013, 09:00 PM
Thanks for your replies, I really appreciate it! X