PDA

View Full Version : A question about using old contracts

Mouse
01-09-2013, 01:30 PM
I know if you have PACEY insurance you have to use their contracts if you want help in a dispute. I understand the recommendation to be that you use the most up to date contracts.

I also understand it that if you insure with other companies, you don't have to use their contracts.

My question is, would I be OK to use out of date NCMA contracts if I was insuring with another company?

I have found 2 whole packs of NCMA contracts - one from 2008 and one from 2011. I guess if I insured with PACEY I wouldn't be able to use the contracts as they aren't their recent ones, but what if I insured with someone else? Do you think the contracts are OK? After all, we can make up our own, which might not have changed for years.

Anyone got any thoughts?

tulip0803
01-09-2013, 01:37 PM
MM said any contract would be OK as long it is "correctly legally worded". Lots of people use their own contracts. I use NCMA because they will be "legally worded".

As far as I know they will be dated when you and the parent sign them. Ring Pacey/MM on Monday to check. I am using "out of date" NCMA contracts at the moment and am insured with MM

flump159
01-09-2013, 01:43 PM
im still using the old ones as

Chatterbox Childcare
01-09-2013, 02:57 PM
They would still be enforceable if you were with Pacey so I cannot see why they wouldn't be with any other company

hectors house
01-09-2013, 04:05 PM
I'm doing same as you Mouse - under the impression that MM will let you use any contracts - so I'm using up old supplies too.

sarah707
01-09-2013, 06:02 PM
If you are on Childcare.co.uk gold members now get access to free Word versions of contracts - and free members get pdf versions.

They might be useful to check that your wording is still valid - especially from the 2008 contracts which are quite old now.

Hth

rickysmiths
01-09-2013, 07:40 PM
The old Contracts are perfectly correct and the wording is fine. The only trouble is that the more recent versions cover more especially the newest 4 page Pacey/NCMA ones so that is why it is recommended you use them in preference to the older ones.

To be honest Ican never see the fuss that seems to be made about changing to a newer one and just ditching the older ones. The cost is so small compared to overall income and they are an expense on the business. I think it is a no brainer. Ditch all the blank old ones and invest in new ones to use for new clients and change existing clients to the new ones as you do reviews or changes happen that way all of you are protected to the best level possible.