PDA

View Full Version : Where to place car seats?

Langaleah
01-09-2013, 12:12 PM
So iv got 2 more children starting with me tomorrow and im trying to work out where to put all the car seats.
The ages are 14months, 9months, 2years, 4 years & 6years...
I have a Zifira so just wondering where everyone else puts ther car seats..
I was thinking it would be best to place the two little ones in the boot seats then the toddler & two booster seats in the back as it will be easier getting them all in and out but I don't like the fact of the babies in the boot...

TIA

flump159
01-09-2013, 12:42 PM
hi I always put the little ones in the middle part and the bigger ones in the boot as it will be very hard to get the babys in there carseats unless you have a very big car

Langaleah
01-09-2013, 12:56 PM
hi I always put the little ones in the middle part and the bigger ones in the boot as it will be very hard to get the babys in there carseats unless you have a very big car

Yeah that's what I want to do but for the big ones to get in the back they will have to climb over the middle section (that folds down) or squeeze in between to back seats. Lol hard work mun

tulip0803
01-09-2013, 12:58 PM
I have a big stage 1 car seat in the middle of the middle row for my youngest child, then I have a backed booster on a 3 point belt for a 4 year old next to it. My 9 year old sits on booster on other side then I can slide seat back and forth. In back I have backed booster with 5 point for a 3 year old and another on 3 point for another 4 year old. The 5 point belt seat is on drivers side so I can strap easily through back door. I strap the 3 point from the boot. When they were both in 5 points I had to climb in to strap furthest car seat.

I put the children in the back row from the drivers side (the side my daughter sits) as there is more room on this side to get children in because the seatbelt for middle seat is on the other side.

I would but youngest in middle of middle. Then if I have others that need 5 point belts they go in the boot otherwise you can't slide middle row IYSWIM. It is hard for them to slither through to back row from boot as it doesn't have much gap.

When I had a bigger car I had the little ones in the middle and the big ones either went through the folded seat or through the gap in the back the zafira is too small for this:(. I don't like my zafira:(

Langaleah
01-09-2013, 01:52 PM
I have a big stage 1 car seat in the middle of the middle row for my youngest child, then I have a backed booster on a 3 point belt for a 4 year old next to it. My 9 year old sits on booster on other side then I can slide seat back and forth. In back I have backed booster with 5 point for a 3 year old and another on 3 point for another 4 year old. The 5 point belt seat is on drivers side so I can strap easily through back door. I strap the 3 point from the boot. When they were both in 5 points I had to climb in to strap furthest car seat.

I put the children in the back row from the drivers side (the side my daughter sits) as there is more room on this side to get children in because the seatbelt for middle seat is on the other side.

I would but youngest in middle of middle. Then if I have others that need 5 point belts they go in the boot otherwise you can't slide middle row IYSWIM. It is hard for them to slither through to back row from boot as it doesn't have much gap.

When I had a bigger car I had the little ones in the middle and the big ones either went through the folded seat or through the gap in the back the zafira is too small for this:(. I don't like my zafira:(

I did try putting the two baby seats in the middle row but then I couldn't fold down the seat to get to the back an obv as the one is on the end it wouldn't slide forward.
Il try just putting the one in the middle and the othe in the back see if that's easier to get everyone in and out.
Think I need a bus, that would be easier lol xx

Tazmin68
01-09-2013, 03:14 PM
I put two in the very back and one in the middle row when I need to purely because of having to slide seats forward in zaf

Chatterbox Childcare
01-09-2013, 03:17 PM
I put the smaller ones in the back as the seats are then permanently fixed. The older ones would be held with a seat belt and I would put 2 in the middle there. If I remember rightly the Zafira has 2 lap belts so I would put the 6 year old in the front in a car seat (not booster seat)

Bluebell
01-09-2013, 03:58 PM
I put the 2 little ones in the back as they need the 3 point seat belts to harness the seat in and if thy are in the middle as someone has said you can't move the bench forward or fold the seat forward.

My zafira has 3 x 3 point harnesses in the middle so if I need a 3rd baby/toddler seat I put it in the middle as the seat belt is attached to the seat not the car (so I can still move bench forward) I've got a narrow car seat that I use here so that I can still fit highback boosters or boosters next to it and move the seat forward.

I don't really like my zafira either but it was the most affordable option!

margaret
01-09-2013, 04:19 PM
I put the older children in through the back 3 & 4 yr old climb over,i stand in back and bend over to strap in .

Tazmin68
01-09-2013, 04:23 PM
I don't like children to climb into car through the back mud and footprints on car def nono