PDA

View Full Version : Double buggy to fit in boot??

Langaleah
01-09-2013, 12:08 PM
So iv got a tandem buggy that I got second hand when I started out (in June) iv got a Zifira and it fit in my boot with one seat up, but now as of tomorrow iv got 2 more starting so need to put up both boot seats and it doesn't fit in the little boot space. Was wondering if anyone could recommend a double buggy that will fit in that small space??
I don't want to spend loads.

TIA Leah xx

flump159
01-09-2013, 12:13 PM
ive got a phil and ted and it fits in the very small space in my c4 when I have all the seats up and is very light

tulip0803
01-09-2013, 01:05 PM
Not ideal - but does it fit across floor of middle row?

I haven't got a double that fits in my Zafira = will cross that bridge when I come to it:rolleyes:

Sarsar3NCH
01-09-2013, 01:12 PM
I used to fit a P&T in my Zafira when I had one (03 plate), I had to take wheels off but it went in

Tazmin68
01-09-2013, 03:16 PM
Obaby twin from mothercare currently on offer can also fit two fold down scooters as well

MessybutHappy
01-09-2013, 03:36 PM
ive got a phil and ted and it fits in the very small space in my c4 when I have all the seats up and is very light

Can I ask, do you need to take the wheels off? I'm not a fan of the over/under style, but am definitely a fan of anything that fits in my car!

shortstuff
01-09-2013, 03:40 PM
i have an older zaffy n bought a double buggy from kiddicare for £38 (now £35) which fits in the boot with all seats up. just purchased a maclaren at the booty today which also goes in, not sure which model it is, when i find out i will add the name x

Bluebell
01-09-2013, 03:52 PM
Hi I've got a zafira and I've got the stripey double from kiddicare which is quite cheap - I use this as a second pushchair. This will fit in the boot as it seems slightly shorter than other pushchairs and is an umbrella fold.

I've also found that an umbrella fold that is too long to go in boot will stand up in front passenger seat. I also have a bulkier baby jogger city mini double and that will sit on the front passenger seat.

Langaleah
01-09-2013, 04:23 PM
i have an older zaffy n bought a double buggy from kiddicare for £38 (now £35) which fits in the boot with all seats up. just purchased a maclaren at the booty today which also goes in, not sure which model it is, when i find out i will add the name x

Iv seen than one, but I'm fussy and would like something that would recline if one is sleeping.
Oh iv heard Maclaren are good- please do let me know the make xx

shortstuff
01-09-2013, 05:08 PM
Iv seen than one, but I'm fussy and would like something that would recline if one is sleeping.
Oh iv heard Maclaren are good- please do let me know the make xx

Its an older one n have had a quick look n cant find it x but its the same size as the kiddicare one x

margaret
01-09-2013, 07:25 PM
Just read on here that someone puts buggy in well of front passenger seat or across middle row on floor ,they have said its not ideal and i agree.

A childminder in my area has just been ofsteded for this reason,she drives a zafira - a malicious complaint .But childminder has been told insurance could be jepordised if accident unless she takes precautions to secure buggy and parents are aware.Has been downgraded.

Lots of horrible people about with nothing better to do i think

Bluebell
01-09-2013, 08:56 PM
oh - thank you - might stick with using my little one in the car then.