PDA

View Full Version : First aid kit for outings

sing-low
31-08-2013, 04:42 PM
What does everyone have in their first aid kits for outings?

blue bear
31-08-2013, 04:44 PM
Ji just bought a little one from pound land, platters, a dressing my emergency contact card, some pins eye patch I think that's it.

tulip0803
31-08-2013, 08:40 PM
I Have this one to go in a bag or it has popper straps to attach to a belt or buggy:). FIRST AID KIT UNIVERSAL PLUS SIZE HANDY GRAB BAG - FOR TRAVEL, SPORTS AND FAMILY | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIRST-AID-KIT-UNIVERSAL-PLUS-SIZE-HANDY-GRAB-BAG-FOR-TRAVEL-SPORTS-AND-FAMILY-/221263725349?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_First_Aid_ET&hash=item3384588325#ht_638wt_899)

I added a few bits to it as it is quite roomy so it also has a burn gel, extra gloves and a mouth shield. and a pad and pencil

I have a bigger one in my car with ice packs and all the other stuff in it too

teacakepenguin
31-08-2013, 10:13 PM
I have a bumbag which is cool, but it came with 3 triangular bandages!! Slightly overkill! I have added a few more plasters and some savlon and some insect bite/stinging nettle cream. Oh and a pen/paper and the contact numbers.

Jx

maisiemog
01-09-2013, 07:40 AM
I have a bumbag which is cool, but it came with 3 triangular bandages!! Slightly overkill! I have added a few more plasters and some savlon and some insect bite/stinging nettle cream. Oh and a pen/paper and the contact numbers.

Jx

You aren't allowed Savlon in your first aid kit! Just renewed my first aid and we were told that. I know it's always changing what is allowed and not allowed but currently Savlon is out!

hectors house
01-09-2013, 10:24 AM
I just have a small basis one in my handbag - just wipes, plasters, small dressings - also have in handbag a couple of small bandage type dressings and a triangular bandage. If at a toddler group I would use their first aid kid if mine wasn't adequate - in my car I have a full first aid kit (exactly same as in house) plus it has a pack for bumps (single use cold pack). So would hope that my basic first aid kit would be enough until we could get back to car if out on a walk.

teacakepenguin
01-09-2013, 12:47 PM
You aren't allowed Savlon in your first aid kit! Just renewed my first aid and we were told that. I know it's always changing what is allowed and not allowed but currently Savlon is out!

I only did my course a couple of months ago and it wasn't mentioned, it's not something I'd use unless I knew the child was ok with it, but I would use it on my own children if I had to hence why I have it.

Jx

flump159
01-09-2013, 12:48 PM
ive just got a little one for my hand bag with plasters and things in it but have another one it the car if we are out in the

loocyloo
01-09-2013, 01:53 PM
I picked up a couple of little first aid pouches in poundland and carry a couple of cleansing wipes, plasters, gauze, micropore tape and a bandage in them. I keep them in all my bags and buggies. Bigger one in car.