PDA

View Full Version : Photos for parents

Leela
31-08-2013, 02:31 PM
At the moment I spend a lot if time emailing photos to individual parents everyday. Is there an easier way to do this so that I can upload all the photographs somewhere and that only parents can view them. Is it possible through Facebook for example? What does everyone else do that is safe and would be acceptable to Ofsted.

sing-low
31-08-2013, 03:24 PM
You can have private groups on facebook (only you and parents allowed to see) or I use Orbit which does observations and photos together (or photos without obs).

teacakepenguin
31-08-2013, 03:25 PM
I was thinking about using a dropbox folder as they get automatically sent from my phone to my dropbox. Does anyone else do that?
Jx

sarah707
31-08-2013, 03:39 PM
Nowhere online is 100% secure so you have to think about where is most secure... and make sure you have permission from parents in writing for 1. putting it online 2. sharing photos of their child with other families - before anything goes online.

You will also need to talk to them about what happens when their child leaves, password protection etc.

Hth :D

Chatterbox Childcare
31-08-2013, 04:33 PM
I keep all photo's on my computer - a master folder for me and an individual folder for each of the children. From January to December I put the photo's there and in December I copy a disc and put it in their xmas cards.

I am finding now that parents don't want to wait to see what their children are doing so I am currently getting written permission from parents to have a facebook section where only they can see and each month I will upload the photo's. In March of the following year I plan to email the parent and say "please safe what you like as I am deleting the album on x date"

Stapleton83
31-08-2013, 04:53 PM
I save my on my computer then download them every couple of months to disc for the parents.

Sam x

lilac_dragon
01-09-2013, 07:14 AM
I save my on my computer then download them every couple of months to disc for the parents.

Sam x

Same here, but they're on the site I use for recording all my childminding as well.

yummyripples
01-09-2013, 08:05 AM
I have WhatsApp and so do all my parents. Probably not ofsted friendly