PDA

View Full Version : Which LA's are allowing CM's to draw funding? I need your help forum friends

AgentTink
31-08-2013, 11:14 AM
My LA will still not allow CM's to draw funding and are having to wait until meetings take place over the next few weeks before they even engage with us. I am in Sefton.

What i really need is a list of all LA's who are offering this to CM's without hoop jumping, and as set out in the Statutory Guideance for LA's.

Could i please just ask that if your LA has allowed you too do so from the 1st September that you simply reply to this thread with the name of your LA, or if you prefer send me a PM.

I really need this information to help fight for all CM's around the country who are anot being allowed, and are being treated unfairly.

Many thanks everyone :thumbsup:

Stapleton83
31-08-2013, 11:17 AM
Hi Tink

I am assuming you mean the EYE, if so then Lincolnshire are stopping the hoop jumping.

Sam x

PS good luck

Chatterbox Childcare
31-08-2013, 12:28 PM
As I previously posted I had the same problems as you but the meetings happened this week and now Swindon Borough Council are sending a letter out with a contract on Monday to all good/outstanding providers and we can then return them immediately. the claim date has been extended until 19th September to allow for all this to be in place

Good luck...

Sarsar3NCH
31-08-2013, 01:30 PM
Poole are following the guidance, Ofsted grades are all that are required from Sept 2013

Rick
31-08-2013, 01:44 PM
Bath and Northeast Somerset region

Simona
31-08-2013, 01:45 PM
Richmond have allowed cms as well...but there is not a list as far as we know of all LAs in England.

At present we have 3 categories of LAs
the ones that immediately opened the funding to all cms, those who waited for the Guidance to come out and those like yours still meeting and discussing...I would hazard a guess that they will allow you to do funding

There are many threads on this and also replies from the DfE on what to do....feel free to copy the emails to your LA

The problems have been reported to the DfE directly, to representing associations and I have read that many 2 year olds still do not have a place despite the fact we are now in September...keep the pressure up but in a professional way...good luck!! and keep us posted

AgentTink
01-09-2013, 08:33 AM
Thank you to everyone who responded both on her and through PM. Any other LA's opening it up to CM's and removed all the additonal hoops?

lilac_dragon
01-09-2013, 09:20 AM
Suffolk are opening it up with no hoops from September - I mean now! doh

flump159
01-09-2013, 01:09 PM
kent they put you on a pathway if you are doing it

loocyloo
01-09-2013, 01:47 PM
North Yorkshire are letting any appropriately graded childminder offer funding.
They will also be supporting childminders who need support ( but they did this anyway! )
I had a letter to let everyone know about the changes but as I already offer funding I didn't really read it!

mama2three
01-09-2013, 01:51 PM
Nottinghamshire childminders can draw down the funding

hectors house
01-09-2013, 04:12 PM
Have just completed my forms for Somerset - they haven't send out forms to everyone though, I approached them - they are saying you need Good or Outstanding and are still saying you need Level 3 (which I do have) but I have argued with them on this (as no longer needed) to try to help others who haven't got level 3 qualification.

watgem
01-09-2013, 04:34 PM
I'm still waiting to hear from them Hector-I had to approach them too

Bluebell
01-09-2013, 04:38 PM
Devon are allowing childminders to get the funding without the hoops too

Zoomie
01-09-2013, 07:09 PM
I already provide funded nursery but haven't seen any emails from Bedford borough notifying other childminders that they can now draw funding or obviously if there is any criteria

vals
05-09-2013, 11:44 AM
I'm in West Sussex and asked today - they have decided they want to keep control, and we will still have to have level 3. I said that the guidlelines say we don't need level 3, and the reply was that until its challenged they won't be changing it.

sali
05-09-2013, 08:42 PM
I'm in West Sussex and asked today - they have decided they want to keep control, and we will still have to have level 3. I said that the guidlelines say we don't need level 3, and the reply was that until its challenged they won't be changing it.

do hampshire have funding?

Simona
05-09-2013, 08:50 PM
do hampshire have funding?

ALL LAs have funding because all LAs have vulnerable families who fulfil the criteria...some more than others but it is across England

vals
11-09-2013, 03:33 PM
It seems that in my area other minders aren't aware of the guidance. It was to be in the network, have level 3, good/outstanding, and fill in lots of forms. The network was disbanded just as I was joining. Now we still have to have level 3.I am doing mine but it takes time - and motivation. It seems our LA is looking for people to offer the 2 year old funding, but are keeping the level 3 as one of the criteria. Does anyone know where I can read the guidance so that I can show others, and also can complain to my LA?

watgem
11-09-2013, 04:11 PM
somerset sent out a newsletter yesterday, in a small box near the end it was mentioned, just a few lines, you need a level 3, good r utstanding, we have to contact them and they will then send an application pack, presumably it will be too late for this term:( I've been trying since May as I have an eligible 2 year old, tbh they don't seem that keen on getting cms on board, they have always been very strict about who can apply to do the funding

AgentTink
11-09-2013, 04:17 PM
It seems that in my area other minders aren't aware of the guidance. It was to be in the network, have level 3, good/outstanding, and fill in lots of forms. The network was disbanded just as I was joining. Now we still have to have level 3.I am doing mine but it takes time - and motivation. It seems our LA is looking for people to offer the 2 year old funding, but are keeping the level 3 as one of the criteria. Does anyone know where I can read the guidance so that I can show others, and also can complain to my LA?

Vals here is the Statutory Document that was sent out to LA's about the 20th july

Early education and childcare - About the Department (http://www.education.gov.uk/aboutdfe/statutory/g00209650/code-of-practice-for-las)

Tazmin68
11-09-2013, 04:50 PM
I'm in birmingham I believe all can now but I have been doing so for years. Still have hoops for 2 year old funding. My issue is that it is broken down as 13 weeks autumn and spring term and 12 weeks for summer but this autumn term is 15 weeks actually so have to reduce hours accordingly.

Deb