PDA

View Full Version : Starting Out

hthrtsut
31-08-2013, 07:21 AM
Hi Everyone
This is my first post - bit nervous eek!
I am just starting out my registration and just wondering how you all went about it. Did you send away the registration form before you had done any of the other parts (fire safety checklist) or did you do all that before you sent away the initial form. I'm hoping to send my form in the next day or so then get on to the next stages - fire safety, food hygiene, first aid course so that they are at least in process when they contact me.

Thanks in advance
Heather

k1rstie
31-08-2013, 09:30 AM
Welcome Heather.

I am sure you will be able to get all your questions answered here!

Kirstie

shortstuff
31-08-2013, 09:37 AM
Hi Heather.

I cant remember which order I completed things in n it wasnt even a year ago. Sorry x but im sure it will all click into place.

Its the best thing ive ever done n this forum makes things so much easier too xx

kimmy79
31-08-2013, 09:46 AM
hi heather :)

Personally i did all my LA training courses including the first aid etc and only once i had completed it all did i do my ofsted registration. I found it easier to have all my certificates etc in place before registering as i knew i had everything to hand. In all my registration took 12 weeks.

good luck whichever way you decide to do it :clapping:

FussyElmo
31-08-2013, 10:14 AM
Bumping for you so some of our Scottish members can hopefully come and answer your questions.

Things are different in Scotland to us in England and Wales :)

Welcome to the forum :waving:

Samantha_j41
31-08-2013, 11:54 AM
Hello ive been registered since october 2012!

I did the pre reg. course, send off my paperwork, and did the checklists and other courses afterwards. Took forever to get registered! I applied in feburary, and then i went on holiday and then paperwork got "lost" there end etc, was an absolute nightmare x

hthrtsut
31-08-2013, 03:36 PM
Thank you for the replies everyone. I think I'm gonna get my application away and get started on everything else asap. Hopefully that will work.

Looking forward to some chats on this page - sure it will be very helpful. And sure I will be pestering you all with lots of questions too. :)

Thanks

Heather

scottishlass
31-08-2013, 07:11 PM
Hi heather

I just registered in nov last year and am in Scotland too. I just sent of my application form (remember to pay fee as they won't look at it till they get it) they then sent me out the forms for next stage - fire service, pvg forms, health form for your gp etc so best just to get it posted off and then make a start on your policies etc while you wait.

Mandy
Xx

dette
31-08-2013, 07:24 PM
I'm no help sorry .there was dinosaurs roaming when I registered .just wanted to say hello and welcome x

Samijanec
31-08-2013, 07:31 PM
Hiya and welcome, I applied first then did all the other stuff. :)

charlottenash
31-08-2013, 07:52 PM
I sent off my form and registration fee, did cypop5, first aid etc then they came to inspect within 2 weeks.

Good luck xx

Mrs Scrubbit
31-08-2013, 08:00 PM
Hello and welcome to the lovely world of c/minding, sorry can't offer any help as I started minding almost 24yrs ago and things were very different then xx

hthrtsut
01-09-2013, 01:17 PM
Hi heather

I just registered in nov last year and am in Scotland too. I just sent of my application form (remember to pay fee as they won't look at it till they get it) they then sent me out the forms for next stage - fire service, pvg forms, health form for your gp etc so best just to get it posted off and then make a start on your policies etc while you wait.

Mandy
Xx

Hi everyone, so nice for lovely welcomes from you all. I'm so excited to get started with this, its something I have wanted to do for a long time.

Mandy, how long did it take from when you sent away the application to you being registered? I have been told its roughly 3 months at the moment.

Thanks

Heather

scottishlass
01-09-2013, 06:51 PM
Hi everyone, so nice for lovely welcomes from you all. I'm so excited to get started with this, its something I have wanted to do for a long time.

Mandy, how long did it take from when you sent away the application to you being registered? I have been told its roughly 3 months at the moment.

Thanks

Heather

Hey Heather

Yeah I was just over the 3 months as completed the online form on 15th July and was registered on 8th nov although seems to vary a lot as my friend was a year!! She started it a few months before me when they were changing their organisation though so that was maybe why.

Fingers crossed you will be nice and quick!

Xx

sprinkles
01-09-2013, 07:54 PM
Hey Heather

Yeah I was just over the 3 months as completed the online form on 15th July and was registered on 8th nov although seems to vary a lot as my friend was a year!! She started it a few months before me when they were changing their organisation though so that was maybe why.

Fingers crossed you will be nice and quick!

Xx

I was nearly a year! I did move and took 3 months out to settle in and sort out new house. By that stage it was just a case of getting my pre-reg done!

I did the same as Mandy - sent application then they send you the other forms out :) they should say in their letter/email which states they have received your application and have deemed it competent what the current timescale is.

Good luck!! Which area are you in?

scottishlass
01-09-2013, 10:47 PM
Isn't it mad how much it can vary! I think things like the gp taking a while to do the form etc can hold it up too! I dropped mine of and went to pay and the receptionist said pay on collection so when I called to chase it a week later I was told we have processed it as you haven't paid!! Just as well I phoned! So just chase up everyone ! Xx

Samijanec
02-09-2013, 07:16 AM
Isn't it mad how much it can vary! I think things like the gp taking a while to do the form etc can hold it up too! I dropped mine of and went to pay and the receptionist said pay on collection so when I called to chase it a week later I was told we have processed it as you haven't paid!! Just as well I phoned! So just chase up everyone ! Xx

I dropped mine off and the docs, they signed it and sent it off for me without any charge!

scottishlass
02-09-2013, 10:59 AM
I dropped mine off and the docs, they signed it and sent it off for me without any charge!

Wow you have nice doctors lol! Mine took £25 to sign the piece of paper! Xx

sprinkles
02-09-2013, 11:34 AM

Mine charged me £20 but I've never paid it lol!

scottishlass
02-09-2013, 01:17 PM
Haha sprinkles!

I had no choice - form held until I paid up!

Xx

Samijanec
02-09-2013, 04:14 PM
Wow you have nice doctors lol! Mine took £25 to sign the piece of paper! Xx

I do, they are fab. I thought ere was going to be a charge but they just sent it off for me..