PDA

View Full Version : 3 year old tantrums

js1976
31-08-2013, 05:59 AM
I have two mindees who have been coming to me for about a year and are both 3, nearly 4. Until recently they always came on separate days. When they are together it seems like there is pretty much always one in tears, because the other has the toy they wanted, is in the car seat they wanted, won the last hand at snap, is getting a cuddle because they fell over - anything!

Both have always been little angels previously and never had a problem sharing with others before. Any ideas on how to handle them much appreciated. Also their families are friends and they see each other outside my setting, it sounds like they behave this way then as well.

greanan
31-08-2013, 08:36 AM
Maybe they've just got used to behaving this way even together? Give it time and hopefully they'll become great friends

blue bear
31-08-2013, 08:58 AM
It's common at this age, eventually one of them will become top dog and things will settle a bit, are they both only children or eldest children and used to being in charge of all the toys at home.
Lots of patience and keep explaining how to play together, play some games that need collaboration boRd games Re good for this, set up role play where they both need to be engaged and involved, have a rota for taking turns to press pelican crossing, washing the table at lunch that sort of thing.