PDA

View Full Version : When will i learn

Tazmin68
31-08-2013, 05:30 AM
I have had non payers in the past in both instances it was not worth going to small claims court. The first was because parents business had gone under. The second I was quick off the mark so only £60 lost income.

I took on a child 3 weeks ago only a short term contract. First week childcare to be covered by job centre as parent returning to work. I completed relevant paperwork but parent had not signed or put her NI number so gave forms to parent t o complete and return to job centre. Second weeks childcare paid no problem then parents car broke down asked if she could pay me on the Friday morning as she got paid on Fridays and had public transport to pay for as no car. The human in me said yes three times late in collecting child contracted hours is 6 pm and was collected at 6.40, 6.45 and 7.15. So with late payment fees now owes £143. Guess what child Did not turn up yesterday after several messages finally had a reply saying she had been in hospital over night will sort out payment once get home which nothing still has happened. I have chased the job centre payment and they state that they have not received the firms forms from parent. They are now sending me new forms but I need parent to sign and return to job centre.

I can see what is going to happen child will not turn up Monday which is last week. I am going to terminate contract with immediate effect. I am going have to send a letter recorded to parent re the unpaid childcare. Send the forms back yo the job centre without parents signature for them to consider to pay for childcare or not. They have said as long as I put it all in a letter with the forms they will probably still pay out so it is £143 that will be outstanding.

Sometimes I think I am too human. Will threaten small claims court but taking into the extra costs including cancelling children to attend small claims court not sure if I can be bothered. I was seriously thinking of ending contract anyway this week as the late collections were impacting at home so not bothered about the £130 for week of 2 September just the £143 plus job centre money.

Deb

Kiddleywinks
31-08-2013, 06:56 AM
Always take a deposit (4 weeks for long term contract, 1 weeks for short term)
Fees in advance
No fees = no childcare
Take no excuses - sympathize by all means, oh dear sorry to hear that, but I'm afraid I must stick to the contract
If you want to 'be nice' (provided you have a deposit) you can be flexible for a day or two, but after day 3, refuse care

Parents can only get away with as much we allow them too.

sarah707
31-08-2013, 03:20 PM
We are all guilty of putting the children first - but your business head knows what to do next time!!

:group hug:

Tazmin68
02-09-2013, 12:24 PM
I contacted ncma legal helpline and was told that I could old not end contract a week early. So I have drafted letter to parent giving her a breakdown of fees that are now due which also now includes this week. I have been old that as contract states that first week of childcare is being covered by job centre I will not be able to claim that back should the job centre not cover that payment.
I will no longer look after a child when the job centre are supposed to pay or first week of child care again.

Koala
02-09-2013, 02:52 PM
Don't be hard on yourself yourself.

And don't do it again!! :D :thumbsup:

Tazmin68
11-09-2013, 12:45 PM
I have had confirmation that job centre cannot pay me for the childcare that I provided as parent has not replied to letters or calls asking her to go in and sign childcare forms. I had no response to letters that I sent either chasing payment so I will never have a child that is being sponsored through job centre again. So all in all 3 weeks childcare not paid I was willing to rite off 1 week.

k1rstie
11-09-2013, 06:04 PM
That's terrible!

Big hugs