PDA

View Full Version : Parents on benefits

adedwards68
30-08-2013, 09:14 PM
I have a parent who hopefully will be signing a contract next Friday to start the following Monday. She is going to college and will be getting financial help towards childcare costs. Usually I ask parents to pay in advance but realise her money may not have come through in time.
My question is does anyone know how long it takes for the money to come through and will they pay it in advance. Also will they cover the holidays as the fees are still payable

Sent from my iPhone using Childminding Forum

karen m
30-08-2013, 09:28 PM
I have a parent going to college I think from we get paid in arrears termly and half fees during holidays. I am lucky I can a manage in arrears

scottishlass
30-08-2013, 09:38 PM
I have had one college parent who also paid in arrears (I am usually in advance too) took about 6 weeks before I got my first payment. The mum often took days off etc so I rarely got a full payment. In the end I got fed up with it and gave notice. I suppose it is down to the parent and how reliable they are too xx

adedwards68
30-08-2013, 09:54 PM
I have had one college parent who also paid in arrears (I am usually in advance too) took about 6 weeks before I got my first payment. The mum often took days off etc so I rarely got a full payment. In the end I got fed up with it and gave notice. I suppose it is down to the parent and how reliable they are too xx
If they are contracted for a day and choose not to use it don't benefits still pay?

scottishlass
30-08-2013, 10:01 PM
If they are contracted for a day and choose not to use it don't benefits still pay?

With mine the college paid her fees so might be a bit different but they didn't pay it when she didn't turn up for college which she did quite often x