PDA

View Full Version : The link between stress and stomach ache in children

Simona
30-08-2013, 03:24 PM
Understanding the link between stress and stomach aches in children | UTSanDiego.com (http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/aug/29/children-stress-stomache-ache/?utm_source=buffer&utm_campaign=Buffer&utm_content=buffer9bb57&utm_medium=twitter)

lisbet
30-08-2013, 03:53 PM
Thanks for sharing the link :) Sadly my youngest daughter suffers with this :( A little while ago I saw similar info on the BBC website and read it to her and it has really helped her understand what's going on. :thumbsup:

VeggieSausage
30-08-2013, 04:09 PM
My youngest dd suffers with this too....on school days not in the school holidays.....although I do think there is something in being sat down all day at school, this used to give me a stomach ache at work when I was sat all day....

lisbet
30-08-2013, 04:19 PM
Yep, it is school related for my DD2 too. She does enjoy school, but the scale of it sometimes overwhelms her, and she feels she has to do everything just right - not matter how much me and the teachers try and reassure her otherwise. :( She is gaining in understanding about the anxiety triggers/ symptoms though, which helps her manage it, and the teacher has put a plan in place for this new school year.