PDA

View Full Version : Do you tell your partner how much thing cost?

Glitter
30-08-2013, 09:52 AM
I have just bought a Bibi Strolli Comfort Rider (photo below).

It is the best thing I have ever bought. I can attach it to my double pushchair and push three children at once.
I haven't been brave enough to tell my husband how much it was yet!

Does anyone else ever feel guilty about how much childminding equipment costs and not tell their partner what they spend?

Daisy De
30-08-2013, 10:01 AM
Ha ha I solved that one, no partner, no hiding costs, spend what I want, result :D

ziggy
30-08-2013, 10:40 AM
Ha ha I solved that one, no partner, no hiding costs, spend what I want, result :D

Same here lol

Samijanec
30-08-2013, 12:00 PM
I don't tell him, but then it all comes out of my childminding earnings so he wouldn't care anyway..

jackie 7
30-08-2013, 12:43 PM
I too have no partner so only have to tell accountant

Rick
30-08-2013, 12:49 PM
I have just bought a Bibi Strolli Comfort Rider (photo below).

It is the best thing I have ever bought. I can attach it to my double pushchair and push three children at once.
I haven't been brave enough to tell my husband how much it was yet!

Does anyone else ever feel guilty about how much childminding equipment costs and not tell their partner what they spend?

How much was it out of interest? :laughing:

How does it work as well? Presumably it attaches to the back of the chair

funemnx
30-08-2013, 12:51 PM
I tell my husband on a 'need to know basis'.... :laughing::laughing:

Glitter
30-08-2013, 01:06 PM
It was £80 (+£15 for postage).

It attaches on to the back on a pushchair, like a buggy board but off to one side.

Rick
30-08-2013, 01:17 PM
It was £80 (+£15 for postage).

It attaches on to the back on a pushchair, like a buggy board but off to one side.

I was gonna say, isn't it in your way trying to push :laughing:

If your partner asks, say it was £20 or something!

Chatterbox Childcare
30-08-2013, 01:49 PM
I don't volunteer any information, ever but if I was asked then it would be an item "that has been in the garage for aaaaaaaaaaaaaages". Just like the old clothes in the wardrobe that are new and unworn :)

blue bear
30-08-2013, 02:26 PM
Facebook bargain, my friend gave it to me, it was in the sale, I sold this and that first but to be honest he never really minds what I spend.

clareelizabeth1
30-08-2013, 02:56 PM
I just don't complain when he buys his things that way he can begrudge me my pushchair/toy addiction.

Mouse
30-08-2013, 03:36 PM
We never really talk about how much I spend on anything.

Each month I set aside a certain amount of my earnings for resources, so most things come out of that. Every now & again I have a bigger expense, so I just cut down a bit the next month.

singingcactus
30-08-2013, 06:43 PM
I'm a full grown adult, working long hours, earning money for my family. If I chose to buy something I buy it. I would never lie to my husband, or hide from him how much anything cost. He is my husband not my father lol.

If he ever was to become domineering and controlling to a point where I felt uncomfortable spending money I earn, or was afraid to buy something I needed then it would be time for me and him to part ways.

Yes, I tell him how much things cost. Not that he is the slightest bit interested of course.

charlottenash
30-08-2013, 06:50 PM
Love that cactus, spot on!

SYLVIA
30-08-2013, 08:46 PM

Sort of the same here. I have a partner but it's my house and I pay the bills and spend what I want. Wouldn't have it any other way

karen m
30-08-2013, 09:18 PM
When I had a husband I would tell him if it came up in conversation but I no longer have a husband

Kiddleywinks
31-08-2013, 07:15 AM
When I was married, we were both self employed in different businesses, and purchases made for them were not discussed as it wasn't really of any concern.

So long as the 'household budget' doesn't go short as a result : If it's for the business, the business pays for it imo

Samantha_j41
31-08-2013, 12:43 PM
Sometimes i tell a white lie, and others im honest depends what it is! Unlike my next account... Im never honest about how much i spend in next!!

primula
31-08-2013, 06:50 PM
Mine just looks at me and says ' And who's that really for?! Or how many buggies do you need?!!!' I do get a bit happy when I get new stuff especially a bargain and cant wait for the kids to try it out!