PDA

View Full Version : My LA is allowing childminders to draw the funding

Chatterbox Childcare
30-08-2013, 09:27 AM
Following on from previous threads I have spoken to the one Early Years Administrator at my local council and have been told that Good and Outstanding childminders can draw the funding for 2, 3 & 4 year olds without any hoop jumping :)

1. Trio who run the network for the council will still administer the paperwork (form filling to claim etc..)

2. The LA will be sending agreements out for signature next Monday and as long as they are back by Friday childminders will be able to put their first claim forms in which must be done by the 19th September.

My relationship with the council is still good so I am glad that I sat back and waited rather than yelling :)

Really pleased :):):)

Sarsar3NCH
30-08-2013, 09:41 AM
Mine sent a similar email yesterday stating that it will be purely based on Ofsted grading. Good or outstanding for 2yr olds and sat/good/outst for 3/4yr olds.
They also said that they would be able to 'upgrade' satisfactory CMs to enable them to offer 2yr old funding if they utilise the boroughs QA scheme and they deemed it appropriate.

Good news I think :-)

Rick
30-08-2013, 10:07 AM
Mine sent a similar email yesterday stating that it will be purely based on Ofsted grading. Good or outstanding for 2yr olds and sat/good/outst for 3/4yr olds.
They also said that they would be able to 'upgrade' satisfactory CMs to enable them to offer 2yr old funding if they utilise the boroughs QA scheme and they deemed it appropriate.

Good news I think :-)

Mine said a similar thing by letter but didn't mention the last bit

FloraDora
30-08-2013, 10:22 AM
Excellent news, my LA advisor is visiting soon so will be able to ask.

I am still amazed that you have to prove your worth for 2,3&4 year olds, yet no high standard of grading necessary for babies when the first 18 months of a child's life is proven to be the most important emotional, social and development wise for a child's successful future life!

Good news that LA's are taking up government advice. Thanks for the updates.

Simona
30-08-2013, 10:40 AM
I am pleased to read that many more LAs are now allowing cms to draw funding.

The result of our concerns has meant that through positive and professional engagement with our LA we have achieved the desired result.
I am sure that, despite the DfE often unclear responses, we have been able to be heard somehow...not by shouting but by arguing effectively!

It was cms who raised the concerns and cms who are slowly coming out the winners.

Mouse
30-08-2013, 10:46 AM
At the moment our LA are til visiting childminders to 'approve' them for the scheme. The process seems very straight forward, mainly covering how the claims need completing, but its still a case of having to have a visit before you can offer funded places.
There's been no email or correspondence saying it's open to all good and outstanding childminders, so many are still unaware of it.

hectors house
30-08-2013, 01:14 PM
We haven't "all" been told here in Somerset either - but there again we don't have any Development Officers left now to tell us! I completed my EYE application forms yesterday - they still want to see my Level 3 certificate even though I e-mailed them and told them that was no longer a requirement. Also have to send copy of Ofsted certificate, my prospectus or leaflet that I give to parents and my fees policy (my leaflet does mention fees policy so hope that is ok).

So the flowchart for applications is -
Apply for application form - tick
Meet the conditions and criteria - tick
Complete the form and send back - going to buy stamp later
Then the application form and supporting documents will be reviewed with areas of concern identified and setting notified
Finally subject to meeting conditions and criteria the setting is placed on Directory of Providers and can offer funding OR they are refused and can appeal.

I had to ring up yesterday while completing form as it wanted to know the name and address of SENCO and ENCO - apparently I am both of them - looks like I had better go on a training course then.

sharonmanc
30-08-2013, 03:57 PM
Mine insist you have senco training, luckily I had done this in prep for being accredited

Chatterbox Childcare
30-08-2013, 04:05 PM
What is ENCO?

Sarsar3NCH
30-08-2013, 04:15 PM
Equalities Named Co-Ordinator I think

Chatterbox Childcare
30-08-2013, 05:03 PM
Thats a new one on me :)

singingcactus
30-08-2013, 06:34 PM
Ours also sent out a letter, anyone at all can claim funding for 3/4 year olds regardless of grading, qualifications, time registered.
2 year old require a good/outstanding grade only. No additional training etc.

I'll take some convincing that this a good thing.

Smiley
30-08-2013, 06:35 PM
Sent contract back yesterday and confirmed on the phone that I can start next week so ready to go with a two year old who's mum is returning to work after maternity leave

chez
31-08-2013, 08:43 AM
Still nothing in Norfolk, called a few weeks ago and got told that they knew that some changes would be happening and that was it they didn't know any more.

Really need to be drawing the funding as I have a 3 yr old who's mum turned down his space for preschool (preschool insited he attended 5 days, he's a young 3 and isn't ready and in nappies still which preschool couldn't work with)
They struggle to find the money to pay us and attend 16 hrs a week so it would reduce her bill by a lot.

I know numbers had to be in ages ago for this terms funding are they still letting you claim for this term or are you having to wait til jan ?

Chatterbox Childcare
31-08-2013, 12:23 PM
Still nothing in Norfolk, called a few weeks ago and got told that they knew that some changes would be happening and that was it they didn't know any more.

Really need to be drawing the funding as I have a 3 yr old who's mum turned down his space for preschool (preschool insited he attended 5 days, he's a young 3 and isn't ready and in nappies still which preschool couldn't work with)
They struggle to find the money to pay us and attend 16 hrs a week so it would reduce her bill by a lot.

I know numbers had to be in ages ago for this terms funding are they still letting you claim for this term or are you having to wait til jan ?

My LA have paid out their initial half for this term but due to the new regulations they are sending out contracts for childminders this week and then they want them back ASAP. They have extended the deadlines to 19.09.13 to claim otherwise I will have to wait until Jan.