PDA

View Full Version : Accident in the car seat

Zoomie
29-08-2013, 06:33 PM
We were coming home from a day out. Mindee who has been potty training for the last month or so, had an accident in the car. Mindee didn't want to use the potty when we left our location, so I put a pampers disposable changing mat on her car seat as best I could. However, the car seat still got wet and I've spent the last half hour stripping it down, washing the straps and putting cover through the washing machine etc etc.

Is there something better that I can use for future, to try and keep the car seat dry. In winter it will be a real pain dealing with a wet car seat.

Thanks in advance

greanan
29-08-2013, 07:09 PM
I've a pad thing that I put in buggy if needed. It's called a piddle pad I think?! Has slots for straps

childcareclair
29-08-2013, 07:10 PM
Hi,

Just an idea as I haven't tried this myself yet, huggies (I think) do bed sheets for kids who are potty training to go under their bed sheets (the hospitals use them too) you could cut holes to match the straps/buckles etc then when it gets wet you can just rip it off.

That's the best thing I can think of at the moment!

Good luck!

Cx

emma04
29-08-2013, 07:12 PM
Hopefully by winter lo will be better at holding it in! I always used a pull up (for the first month or so, until i could trust they could hold it for a certain length of time) for the car and changed into pants at destination, also I took a potty everywhere! Incontinence mats are better and you can get them from ASDA! I bought some when I was pregnant, for my bed! Lol

Stapleton83
29-08-2013, 08:10 PM
I would have probably done similar to you and used a disposable changing pad. The only other thing you could consider if you are worried about it is to put the nappy over the top of the pants! So they still get the sensation of being wet if it happens but the car seat stays dry.

Sam x

Daisy1956
29-08-2013, 09:04 PM
I used a piddle pad when I was potty training. Swop it between buggy and car seat if needed.

natalieatk
30-08-2013, 07:35 AM
Piddle pad - you can get them online and boots sell them for around £6 - they are like a towelling on the top and waterproof underneath! Go in the car seat or buggy! I even has it at the kitchen tas once and when she sat to colour in!! (Child did not get potty training!! Still wetting a year on)!! Best £6 iv ever spent

Lilylulu
31-08-2013, 10:09 PM
we use piddle pads too - got ours on Amazon. We have also used disposable puppy pads too or the training mats for beds- not ideal for the carseat as they move about but we find these handy for sitting under the potty area to catch misfires etc. Also can be used to protect your sofa etc if they are a bit sleepy and possibly may nod off on the sofa.

little chickee
01-09-2013, 08:28 AM
Use a disposable nappy. Just open it up, put on carseat and sit child on top.

flump159
01-09-2013, 12:55 PM
ive got a plastic liner on mine its like the mothercare bed sheets but not had it happen yet so don't know if it works