PDA

View Full Version : First aid box

gremlin
29-08-2013, 12:14 PM
What do you actually need in your first aid box??

Thanks Sarah

rickysmiths
29-08-2013, 12:17 PM
There is a list here of what Pacey (NCMA) put in their First Aid Kits

http://www.shop.**************/shop/Large_First-Aid_Kit_Refill_Pack.html

If the link doesn't work google paceyshop and look under Health and Safety

gremlin
29-08-2013, 12:18 PM
Thanks for that :) just wondered if you actually needed it all as a requirement.

Thanks Sarah

rickysmiths
29-08-2013, 12:39 PM
You can tailor it to your needs. For example I don't have 3 or 4 triangular bandages. I haven't used one in 19 years of minding or being a cub leader and I can't imagine why they suggest we should have so many!

sarah707
29-08-2013, 05:31 PM
We got a list from our first aid course and were told to have that - it was different from the list we got on our previous first aid course - then dp went on another first aid course and got a different list :rolleyes:

We have a selection of contents which I am sure will be fine for every eventuality :D

gremlin
12-09-2013, 11:17 AM
Thanks everyone. I think I have everything I need in the first aid box now. Thanks again :) x

maisiemog
12-09-2013, 02:46 PM
Mine is tailored as well. I've got things that have never been used so I have less of them, then some things I seem to run out of all the time.

I loosely follow the list that was given on my first aid course but have altered it to be relevant to my family and setting.

rickysmiths
12-09-2013, 03:14 PM
I must confess I have a different family First Aid Box and it is labelled very clearly that it is for FAMILY only and kept in a different place. I have things in it like arnicia Can't spell!) and anti histamine cream and Germolene New Skin which I use and use for my family that I wouldn't use on the minded children.

SammySplodger
12-09-2013, 04:04 PM
I must confess I have a different family First Aid Box and it is labelled very clearly that it is for FAMILY only and kept in a different place. I have things in it like arnicia Can't spell!) and anti histamine cream and Germolene New Skin which I use and use for my family that I wouldn't use on the minded children.

Me too! and I put all the out of date plasters, dressings etc in the family one. It's actually a whole cupboard, with all the over the counter meds, loads of different creams in there too. In upstairs bathroom (not used for CM).

vals
13-09-2013, 06:23 AM
In a year I have used 2 plasters lol.