PDA

View Full Version : Help ofsted have been and coming back!!

gremlin
29-08-2013, 12:12 PM
Hi

Ofsted came this morning but I'm not officially working til next week after a years break so are coming back Monday!!!!

Slight panic as I haven't had an inspection since 2009!!

What do I need to have ?

I have :-
policies printed
Risk assessments printed
Fire plan on the wall, certs up
Menu on show
Ofsted poster and child protection poster up
Planning on baby's days
No obs yet as no children officially til next week
Children are all recorded on baby days and set up etc.

What else? I've gone completely blank as not done this for a year.

Thanks for reading

Sarah

rickysmiths
29-08-2013, 12:22 PM
Hi

Ofsted came this morning but I'm not officially working til next week after a years break so are coming back Monday!!!!

Slight panic as I haven't had an inspection since 2009!!

What do I need to have ?

I have :-
policies printed Good idea because you can show them but not required for EY Register since Sept 2012
Risk assessments printed Not required in writing since Sept 2012 EYFS
Fire plan on the wall, certs up All you need on the wall are your Registration Cert and the Ofsted Poster and Employers Insurance Cert if you use Assistants
Menu on show Not needed
Ofsted poster and child protection poster up Yes
Planning on *********
No obs yet as no children officially til next week
Children are all recorded on ****** and set up etc.

What else? I've gone completely blank as not done this for a year.

Thanks for reading

Sarah

I think if you look in the Free Resources section on the Forum there is a list of what you need. There are also documents on the Ofsted Website telling you what documentation you need and how to prepare for your inspection.

Good Luck

sing-low
29-08-2013, 02:26 PM
Do you have LJs from before (or could you borrow them back off parents) to show evidence of what you Will do with the new children? Also make a plan for the day referencing the info you have from parents. E.g. Billy likes trains so will have train set out. Not easy being inspected with new children. Hope you get an understanding Mrs (or Mr) O.

caz3007
29-08-2013, 02:28 PM
Goodness me, so they are coming on the new childrens first day, you would have thought they would have allowed a little time to settle them.

Was that an unannounced visit?

gremlin
29-08-2013, 02:40 PM
Hi. No I've moved area too so can't get any ljs but have references.

I know coming in my first day back and childrens first day here too! I'm afraid ill have to do my best but they needed to do it before 31st of aug as that's the cut off date.

peppa Pig
29-08-2013, 03:10 PM
Why is 31 August the cut off date, not had an inspection since jan 2009 myself

gremlin
29-08-2013, 03:29 PM
Don't know . She said it was the cut off for last round of inspections.

loocyloo
29-08-2013, 03:29 PM
Why is 31 August the cut off date, not had an inspection since jan 2009 myself

that's interesting, as I've not had inspection since October 2008, and I know several other minders in the same boat!

mumof3
29-08-2013, 04:03 PM
Iv also not been inspected since nov 2008 and have also moved house. Wish Ofsted would just come out and get it over and done with!!

sarah707
29-08-2013, 05:21 PM
good luck! :clapping:

sing-low
29-08-2013, 10:43 PM
Hi. No I've moved area too so can't get any ljs but have references.

I know coming in my first day back and childrens first day here too! I'm afraid ill have to do my best but they needed to do it before 31st of aug as that's the cut off date.

Hope it goes ok. As you say, you can only do your best and at least you've had a little bit of warning. Imagine if they'd turned up unannounced tomorrow!??!

bindy
30-08-2013, 08:16 AM
Can you not speak with the inspector. Explain it will be your first day working. I did this, after I started backafter having my baby(moved area so new children) they gave me 2 months. How can you show anything, on your first day? I am afraid it will be a low grade otherwise.

Helen79
30-08-2013, 08:35 AM
Have you had any setting in sessions yet? If you have I would do a 'starting points' on where the child is at already and any next steps you can think of which will show ofsted that you're already planning for their stage of development.
If you haven't had any settling in sessions I would ask mum for a quick meeting so you can fill a starting points form in together.

It's really unfair that Ofsted are doing this and in this case I would probably refuse to have them in to do the inspection as you'll have no paperwork for the children which is what they are looking for at the minute. I would explain to them that's it's not in the best interests of the child for them to come on his first day and that you need to put the needs of the children first.