PDA

View Full Version : Notice boards

FloraDora
29-08-2013, 11:00 AM
I am thinking about how I will display certificates and info for parents.

I don't have a dedicated room for childminding, I am hoping to have a daily/ weekly pack away system and wonder if anyone has ideas for how to have a noticeboard in the hall which isn't permanent so at the weekends when we have visitors my home doesn't look like a nursery. I am thinking around a double sided frame that can be flipped round, but more ideas would be really useful as logistics of the frame haven't been thought through yet!!

Mrsh3103
29-08-2013, 11:34 AM
I have a cork board and a white board on hooks in the hall way. When I don't want them up I just unhook them & hide them behind the kitchen door.

loocyloo
29-08-2013, 11:39 AM
there is a thread here http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/eyfs-general/123182-display-board-ideas.html about notice boards etc.

I use the hanging pockets ... in theory I take them down, in practice they never move! :D

FloraDora
29-08-2013, 12:27 PM
I have ordered 2 triangular frames from your ideas following your post. Forgot you had already started that thread, sorry.

Your plastic wallet idea sounds good and I already have a cork board I can use- but not many places to store all the things I will need to hide when trying to create a home again!!

Hence the flip it over thoughts.

Thankyou for your ideas my creativity side is waning today.

lollipop kid
07-11-2015, 01:39 PM
I was thinking about how I could use a Dartboard cabinet as a place to 'hide' noticeboard bits.

Dartboard Cabinet Original Cabinet - Wooden: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dartboard-Cabinet-Original/dp/B0043XYKQA)

Any use?

I am sure you could do something lovely with the outside, e.g. family photos?

Hope it helps.

LK

FloraDora
07-11-2015, 01:46 PM
I was thinking about how I could use a Dartboard cabinet as a place to 'hide' noticeboard bits.

Dartboard Cabinet Original Cabinet - Wooden: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dartboard-Cabinet-Original/dp/B0043XYKQA)

Any use?

I am sure you could do something lovely with the outside, e.g. family photos?

Hope it helps.

LK
Great idea, but again this is a resurected post in an eye for an eye game someone is playing! No harm in giving up to date ideas though!
Two years on and I am confident enough now to not have a notice board at all - I have a wooden trouser type hanger that I put my certificate and Outstanding Ofsted certificate in and hang these on a hook...that actually gets covered in coats by the end of the day...at the back of it is also the ofsted notice for parents. Easy to pop away when not in CM mode.

lollipop kid
07-11-2015, 01:54 PM
Great idea, but again this is a resurected post in an eye for an eye game someone is playing! No harm in giving up to date ideas though!
Two years on and I am confident enough now to not have a notice board at all - I have a wooden trouser type hanger that I put my certificate and Outstanding Ofsted certificate in and hang these on a hook...that actually gets covered in coats by the end of the day...at the back of it is also the ofsted notice for parents. Easy to pop away when not in CM mode.

Apologies, FD. Only just noticed the date of your original post. :blush:

Love the sound of your solution. My place has noticeboards everywhere! (Rubbish memory so should I get the call, I just want to have to 'point' - probably like a dumb mute as I know I'll go to pieces at inspection. Let's just say that my confidence was all but destroyed at my last inspection over two years ago. If I didn't love childminding so much, I would have chosen that point to pack it in, but while I still feel that I'm doing a good job for the children, and have happy parents, then I'll keep going.)

LK