PDA

View Full Version : silly question about bags

ziggy
29-08-2013, 09:55 AM
I have 3 mindees under school age. two aged 3 and a baby. They all bring a bag each day with change of clothes etc plus baby has nappies etc.

I usually leave bag of spare clothes to fit the 3yr olds in boot of car.

Since having new baby I have taking his bag out with us containing feeds, clothes, nappies etc and just popped my purse and camera into it, phone is usually in my pocket.

Last week after being at soft play I left camera in his bag and didnt realise till weekend.

Dont want to do that again or worse, leave my purse in his bag, so just wondered what everyone else does.

Do you take bag for every child???? Or have own bag with clothes, nappies, wipes, feeds etc for each child? If you transfer things to own bag do you then transfer items back into children's bags at end of session?

I'm sure this is really silly question lol

EmmaReed84
29-08-2013, 10:03 AM
I have my own canvas bag with my logo on it and whenever I go out anywhere anything I will need goes in there. That way I am not taking a million bags or putting my items in their bags.

Plus it is free advertising! :thumbsup:

Rachel6
29-08-2013, 10:05 AM
I bought myself a bag just for taking out for childminding,I have first aid kit,wipes,nappies,hand bac etc,much easier than taking all the kids bags,then just re stock at night x

ziggy
29-08-2013, 10:05 AM
I have my own canvas bag with my logo on it and whenever I go out anywhere anything I will need goes in there. That way I am not taking a million bags or putting my items in their bags.

Plus it is free advertising! :thumbsup:

I was just looking at pics of your bags, great idea.

So do you just transfer items back into children's own bags at home time?

EmmaReed84
29-08-2013, 10:08 AM
I was just looking at pics of your bags, great idea.

So do you just transfer items back into children's own bags at home time?

At the moment no because I have the children 5 days a week, so their bags just stay here until Friday, then I put it all in their bags.

But if parents took the bags home each evening then yes I was just put it all back, it is not a lot of stuff really and take a minute or two.

Mouse
29-08-2013, 10:11 AM
I take my own bag & transfer what I need into it.

I've always got wipes, nappy sacks, tissues, disposable gloves, bibs etc in there, along with a small first aid kit, my contact details book and an emergency chocolate bar for me :p

As I have a lot of part time children, it's often different ones I take out each day, so i take what I need from their bags. I'll put in a drink for each child, a couple of each child's nappies, a change of pants for those not in nappies. To be honest, most of our trips out are to toddler groups where they have spare clothes, so I don't tend to take any with me. It's so rare that I ever need them that I'm prepared to take the risk! If I have a particularly dribbly child I will take a spare top.

I walk everywhere, so try to take the minimum possible.

little chickee
29-08-2013, 11:06 AM
I too use my own bag - just pop in nappies, wipes, etc.
Its a different bag to my usual bag so just used when i out and about when working. Have a much smaller bag when its just me!

loocyloo
29-08-2013, 11:43 AM
I use my own bag and add in nappies etc as needed. I use my own wipes/creams/sun cream/drinks bottles etc. only thing I would add would be babies bottles. I keep spare clothes for each child at my house and if I need to, put those in my bag. nobody brings anything that is crucial if forgotten!

Glitter
29-08-2013, 01:49 PM
I have a small wash bag for each child. When we are going out I put nappies, etc for each child in thier own washbag.

All the washbags then go in a rucksack. This keeps everyones things together and stops me using the wrong nappy on the wrong child.
When we get back I just unpack the wash bags into each childs bag.

Wash bags are perfect if someone has mucky/wet clothes as they have a waterproof lining and are easy to wash if needed. All the children have a different coloured bag with a key ring with their photo and name on so they know which bag has their things in.

rickysmiths
29-08-2013, 02:01 PM
When I had an extension built 3 years ago I banned bags!! I hate them they clutter up the place. I bought a set of six drawers, horizontal so they have a seat on top. I have pegs above it and every child has a drawer. All their spare clothes go in it, nappies if they are part time, I have a large cupboard with large packets for the full timers. All the spare clothes go in the drawer and then the parents don't have to remember to bring stuff every day and I don't have bags everywhere.

I then have a back pack for going out and I have wipes and nappy sacks, First Aid Kit, tissues and my contacts book as a basic. I then take nappies and spare clothes as required and a portable potty if required. There is a pocket in the front where I put my purse, phone and a note book and pen.

sarah707
29-08-2013, 05:26 PM
I have a big set of shelves - one for each child's bag, coat, shoes etc.

I then have my own bag and transfer things in and out as needed :D

greanan
29-08-2013, 07:22 PM
I use my own changing bag and jut take things out each child's bag that they'll need. Means I just have one changing bag on buggy instead of lots if smaller bags that I find get in the way

emma04
29-08-2013, 07:24 PM
I have a set of plastic drawers each one has child's name and photo on. Inside, each child has their own spares, nappies, sun cream, hat and sometimes hair slides!!

I use my own bag and fill it each time we go anywhere with everyone's bits and bobs, whatever I may need. Then I put it back in the drawers when we get back or leave it in the bag for the next day.

The Juggler
29-08-2013, 09:31 PM
i have one bag for me. when I go out I transfer nappies, clothes etc from each mindees bag and return it when I get home.

littlemiss60561
30-08-2013, 12:23 AM
I generally leave babies bag as it is as more likely to need more from it.i then transfer what I think we will need from others into my rucksack . I take 1 cool bag with all lunches in if needed. Or the 4 yr olds carry their own bags!

hectors house
30-08-2013, 08:28 AM
A bags and coats stay on the floor in my hall, making sure the door ways and stairs aren't blocked - it's really annoying when parents take children's shoes off and put them on the bottom step of the stairs! Really useful when I'm coming down with a baby in my arms.

I rarely go out for a whole day, just go out to nearby lake for a walk or to toddlers - I just take a carrier bag with snack, drinks and a couple of nappies and wipes. I have my contact numbers and first aid kit in my handbag. I take coats and jumpers but never a whole change of clothes for each child. Have luckily never had a mindee throw up over themselves when out - have sometimes had to bring them home without trousers on in car though if they have fallen in the mud.