PDA

View Full Version : child starting reception what do i need to do

adele1985
29-08-2013, 08:11 AM
one of my mindees starts reception next week - what do I need to do paper work wise

I've updated her development file - I normally do a baseline assessment and a individual learning plan planning their next steps etc. every term - will I still need to do this for when she starts full time reception or do I just need to do an over view of her development

do I still work in partnership with her teacher - I normally take the file into school every term so the teachers can see how she's getting on - with parents permission of course

what does everyone else do

VeggieSausage
29-08-2013, 08:26 AM
I personally give parents a child's learning journey to keep when they start in reception as the school is then responsible for this. I give each after school child a scrapbook for when they are here and they stick in pictures or draw in it or sometimes we stick things in like photos, or if I ask them what they like doing after school etc we put it in there and that is all the EYFS stuff I do for them. I fill in a little sheet for school that is up to parents whether they share or not when they are doing settling in at school in the summer term. I introduce myself to school etc so the teacher knows who I am but I wouldn't share their scrapbook with the teacher.....teacher won't be interested in your folder I don't think when they have started school.....don't create extra work for yourself....