PDA

View Full Version : Phone enquiry

littleDs31
28-08-2013, 05:09 PM
Out of curiosity when someone rings with a potential new job what information do you ask for? After answering their questions I seem to put the phone down and think of all the things i didn't ask!!

funemnx
28-08-2013, 05:10 PM
Sometimes I panic and don't get their contact details but I always ask them how old the child is and what days they need :thumbsup:

littleDs31
11-09-2013, 09:43 AM
I have just typed up an enquiry sheet to complete when some one rings. That way I shouldn't forget anything haha!!

Mouse
11-09-2013, 09:51 AM
I have just typed up an enquiry sheet to complete when some one rings. That way I shouldn't forget anything haha!!

That's what I do.

My basic questions are:

how old the child is
when is care to start
what hours they want
have they used childcare before
their name
child's name
area they live
contact phone number

EmmaReed84
11-09-2013, 10:25 AM
My first two questions are...

How old are they, and what hours/days do they need.

Once I have that information and I am writing it down I then about what my week consists of and ask relevant questions. So if the child is 5 and they want care from 8 then after school until 6 I know I have to find out about schools. If a child is 2 and attends a playgroup I ask which one and the times, to ensure it does not affect my other commitments.

I don't always have a set of questions as some are not relevant, I just go with the flow and know what I need to ask.

karen m
11-09-2013, 10:53 AM
My first couple of questions are age and hours needed

loocyloo
11-09-2013, 12:17 PM
me too, I ask age of child, and hours required, and then I make sure I have contact details & a name! I try to make an appointment there and then for them to come for a visit IF I have space.