PDA

View Full Version : Advice for first inspection

SarahH13
28-08-2013, 04:34 PM
Hi, im due my first inspection in October but have children starting with me in the next few weeks. Im just wanting some advice about what Ofsted will look for etc and what will they look for with regards to planning? Also, is it possible to get a 'good' rating on your first inspection? Thanks

sarah707
28-08-2013, 04:55 PM
It is possible to get a 'good' rating - but it does depend on the inspector and what s/he is looking for.

Try to do some self evaluation... be yourself... keep calm... take a breath before answering... make sure all your paperwork is spot on...

Good luck x

Smileyface
28-08-2013, 08:13 PM
I got a good on first inspection was only minding 7 weeks... I did not have much on observations or planning it was non existent but she loved how I interacted with the children talk aloud explain e dry thing your doing... I was so nervous on the verge of tears but it went so well my inspector was lovely
X

SarahH13
29-08-2013, 07:06 AM
I am used to Ofsted as i do work in a nursery so dealt with them there. Its just because this is solely down to me. Ive done planning a couple of times at work and we do it on a weekly basis, do you think i should probably do it pretty much the same? Im not sure on medium and long term planning as ive never done that before. Observations and all other peperwork im fine with its just this planning im worried about :s