PDA

View Full Version : Looking to meet other minders in Corby

Loguey
28-08-2013, 03:57 PM
Hi!

This is my first post on here after looking many times.

I have been registered a whole years now and must say it has been a very successful year minding wise. But as you do when you first start I took on children with some quite awkward timings meaning it was difficult to get out to groups etc to meet with other childminders and form friendships. I was previously a teacher and so whilst I love minding I do miss the adult interaction and am really looking to make some connections going forward now that my timetable has become a lot less restrictive.

Is there anybody out there who would like to connect locally in the Corby, Great Oakley area? I am also interested to find out which groups and meetings are worth attending?

FloraDora
28-08-2013, 06:26 PM
Hi, Welcome. I can't help you but I just wanted to say hello and say we have things in common! I grew up in Corby, but moved away to go to Uni in 1975 and I am retired from teaching and venturing in to this new career too!

Hope you find some other local childminders soon.

Loguey
05-09-2013, 09:43 AM
Thanks FloraDora!

I am sure you will love your new venture and a teaching background certainly comes in useful. Feel free to message me if there is ever anything I can help with.

X

auntie lisa
14-03-2014, 01:57 PM
Hiya I'm a fairly new childminder in kettering :-)