PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain childcare vouchers please

Donna E
28-08-2013, 03:51 PM
If a parent asks if I use them..erm how do I use them? Who do I send them to, how does the money then end up in my account?

smart09
28-08-2013, 04:17 PM
They are really easy I am registered to afew different ones now, all you need to do is ask which ones they are using or wish to use and then you either give your details to the parent to register you or ive registered myself online, I also state I want the money going into the bank and not the actual vouchers so you don't need to do anything, they just go straight into your bank account every month and then if the parents needs to pay any additional fees on top of the vouchers so pay me as normal ie cash, bank transfer. hope this helps

moggy
28-08-2013, 04:42 PM
If a parent asks if I use them..erm how do I use them? Who do I send them to, how does the money then end up in my account?

The voucher employers use for their employees? Like Busybees, Edenred, Care4, Computershare?

You join online with the company, give your EY number, post or email copy of your Ofsted certificate to them and give your bank details.
Then the parent makes money transfers from their 'account' with the voucher company to you.
Money goes straight into your account.
You get an email to notify you.
You keep note of what money has come in by vouchers and then any balance parent has to pay their usual way (cash/cheque/bank transfer).
All works very easily. You just have to ask parent to make the payments a few days BEFORE your payment date as there is a delay in getting the money moved across- so if I want my money in my account 1st of the month the families make their voucher payment on 27th or so of previous month to make sure I get it on time.

The Juggler
28-08-2013, 10:05 PM
as above. I'm registered with about 5 different voucher companies. once it's set up it's fine money straight in your account each month with an email to tell you it's coming.

however, set up time can have a few hiccups. parents don't realise the delay between them actioning the payment (or it comign out their salary) and the time it hits your account - it can be between 3 and 10 days. I suggest you find out from the parents (ask them to ask those questions). If first month won't pay on time, I'd ask for cash first month to give them time to bank the voucher money for the next month. :thumbsup:

Donna E
18-09-2013, 08:22 AM
Thanks guys that does help me understand