PDA

View Full Version : confused bout my ratios

christine84
28-08-2013, 01:21 PM
Hi there,
I a registered childminder since jan 2013. However I have a live in nanny / aupair for my 2 young kids. 2 months and 3 years. Would my 2 kids technically affect my numbers as I dont solely look after them. I use downstairs for minding , the kids and carer are upstairs. I decided to use this route cause my siste has a 1 year old whom the au pair will look after so we split the money. It is cheaper this way than employing an assistant at minimum wage. Caus3 my 2 plus my sisters 1 will mean I technically cannot have any full timers only if I employ an assistant. And I cant afford one.

Mrsh3103
28-08-2013, 01:39 PM
Your kids will still count in your numbers. Even though they are being looked after by someone else you still need to count them. So really you only have 1 under 5 space which will be taken up by your niece.

jackie 7
28-08-2013, 02:01 PM
Can you register your at paire as an assistsnt

christine84
28-08-2013, 04:20 PM
Does not make sense to me. The whole essence of your own kids counting in your numbers is cause you take care of them. But if someone else is doing it..... oh well. Will probably register my au pair as my assistant on paper just so I can take on other kids.

littlebears1009
28-08-2013, 04:51 PM
You are the main carer and if your au pair was to be ill/unable to work for any reason then you would have to look after them. Just like if they are in nursery full time they still count in the ratios for the same reason.

moggy
28-08-2013, 06:22 PM
You are the main carer and if your au pair was to be ill/unable to work for any reason then you would have to look after them. Just like if they are in nursery full time they still count in the ratios for the same reason.

Yes, just as it your own children were at school or playgroup or with Gran... they still count as YOUR responsibility for reasons mentioned and also if your own child was rushed to hospital/GP/injured whist you were minding etc etc you would be the one who needs to be there with them.

christine84
28-08-2013, 09:02 PM
Yes. It does make sense. Thanks