PDA

View Full Version : What magazines do you recieve?

dominiquegait
28-08-2013, 12:41 PM
Hi all, I'm thinking of getting a childminder related magazine. What do you read?

Sent from my iPhone using Childminding Forum

charlottenash
28-08-2013, 12:49 PM
I didn't know there were childminder magazines so watching this with interest

mrstom
28-08-2013, 01:18 PM
Ahem....

Practical Preschool
Nursery World (I like the fact I can also see articles online)
Early Years Educator (EYE)
Home Childcarer (in my defence I won a free hard-copy subscription for a year, I wouldn't buy it myself)

And I've just signed up for a year of Under-5 (the Preschool Learning Alliance magazine as it was on special offer and I liked the free copy I'd had in the past)

Yikes, looking at that is does seem a lot. As a balance however I would like to state for the record that I have cancelled my Good Housekeeping subscription recently :D

jackie 7
28-08-2013, 02:03 PM
Practice child card but thjnkkng of getting nursery world again. On yes easy cook but not sure if I can claim god it against tax.

sarah707
28-08-2013, 05:03 PM
I get Nursery World for the news and Practical pre-school because I write for it :laughing: :D

loocyloo
28-08-2013, 05:17 PM
i just get whatever the PACEY one is called!

I read nursery world at the childrens centre.

I also get good food! and we try recipes from there!

dominiquegait
28-08-2013, 06:46 PM
Thank you all. I think I'll look into nursery world

Sent from my iPhone using Childminding Forum

lisa1968
30-08-2013, 07:50 AM
Practical Pre-school and I did get the online ECM magazine for a while which was quite good and just for childminders. Nursery World seemed be geared towards nurseries more than minders-I used to have it but stopped as I found a lot of it wasn't relevant.

Simona
31-08-2013, 06:59 AM
Practical Pre-school and I did get the online ECM magazine for a while which was quite good and just for childminders. Nursery World seemed be geared towards nurseries more than minders-I used to have it but stopped as I found a lot of it wasn't relevant.

Nursery World has now embraced cms .....Early Years practice involves ALL providers and since EYFS 2008 NW has opened the doors to us, so to speak, and covers a lot of our practice
All info in any periodical is relevant to cms...EYE is excellent! not sure if Practical Preschool still exists...I think it is called Child Care and edited by the EYE editor as well who is fabulous!

Pacey have their own ..it used to be called Who Minds?
PLA have 'Under 5 Magazine'...the present Sept issue is particularly good with an excellent spread on agencies, an interview with Nick Clegg and the cms m'ship and insurance package

There is also Home Childcarer and 'of course, many websites we can now join at a cost