PDA

View Full Version : Eeek! Terminating contract, what do I need to do?

EmmaReed84
28-08-2013, 12:12 PM
It has been known for a long while that I might be losing eldest mindee in September due to me now being able to do that school run. During June and July we tried to figure out if there was a way we could work it, but instead Mum has decided to use an before and after school club, but keep his sister with me.

Because of this, I never had/did a formal letter of notice to terminate. We both knew for at least 8 weeks it was ending, but never did anything formal... So now I have a contract that is due to end on Friday. What do I need to do to acknowledge it has ended, should I give parent a formal letter. Obviously I know I will have to give over other paper work etc, but what, if anything else?

Also how would you world a letter, I am a bit stuck!

Tealady
28-08-2013, 12:50 PM
As nothing has been mentioned for 8 week I would speak to Mum just to confirm that you are both in agreement of the end date, then open the letter:

I am just writing to confirm that as per our conversation of xxth xxxxxxxx 20xx that I will no longer be caring for XXXXXXX as I can no longer cover his school.

Then close with an appropriate paragraph saying how you have enjoyed caring for him (if that's the case LOL) and that you are pleased to being able to continue the relationship by still having his sister.

EmmaReed84
28-08-2013, 12:59 PM
As nothing has been mentioned for 8 week I would speak to Mum just to confirm that you are both in agreement of the end date, then open the letter:

I am just writing to confirm that as per our conversation of xxth xxxxxxxx 20xx that I will no longer be caring for XXXXXXX as I can no longer cover his school.

Then close with an appropriate paragraph saying how you have enjoyed caring for him (if that's the case LOL) and that you are pleased to being able to continue the relationship by still having his sister.

Thank you.

I definitely know he is still leaving as there have been loads of comments like last Friday "Ohh, next week is your last week with X" and then Tuesday "Oh it's the last week!" etc...

Feel quit mixed about him leaving actually... There are definitely things I won't miss, but there are loads of things that I will miss. I have told Mum that in the hols I would like to have him the odd day (free) just so I get to see him!

charlottenash
28-08-2013, 01:03 PM
I wouldn't be having anyone for free no matter how much I care for them lol

EmmaReed84
28-08-2013, 01:23 PM
I wouldn't be having anyone for free no matter how much I care for them lol

It was mainly for the big annual Halloween and Christmas party we have. I go to my MIL's house and we have some of the parents, it is manic but fun. I would hate for him to miss out and his sister not. Plus is little sister is such a boaster LOL!