PDA

View Full Version : Ikea expedit or something similar

Mrsh3103
28-08-2013, 07:00 AM
Does anyone have something similar to the expedit that isn't from ikea???
I went to order one yesterday but they want £50 delivery!!! Apparently they work out delivery charges from your nearest store. Mine is 3.5 hours away BUT I live 10 miles from their distribution centre which doesn't have a shop. I'm a bit annoyed about this :(

Rachel6
28-08-2013, 07:06 AM
Have you tried eBay x

FloraDora
28-08-2013, 07:11 AM
Results for CUBE STORAGE (http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Search/searchTerms/CUBE+STORAGE.htm)

Only 4 spaces for storage but cheap.

The Range have something similar on display in our local branch but costs more than expedit.

You will have to book your next weekend away or holiday around an IKEA branch!!!! The Nottingham one isn't far from the Derbyshire Peak District!

Mrsh3103
28-08-2013, 07:25 AM
I've been looking on eBay but none are close enough. Also hubby said he'd prefer a new one as once they've been put up- taken down- put up again they lose their strength.
Not sure how true that is but it's taken me ages to persuade him I need one :)
I've looked in Argos & the range but they're both smaller & the Vespa one in the range is way too expensive for its size.

Mrsh3103
28-08-2013, 07:54 AM
I've just had another look at the Argos 2x2 cube storage. Do you think it would be safe enough if I bought 4 of them then fixed them together and to the wall? That would give me the same storage space as the 4x4 expedit for less than I'd pay ordering from ikea! Hmmmm

teacakepenguin
28-08-2013, 09:44 PM
I have the ikea expedit and it would have been £50 delivery to me, but it's only £20 or something to my sister so I got it delivered to her instead and picked it up another time. Would that be possible? Have a search for friends who are closer and see if they cross into the cheaper delivery option.

Jx

Sarahbelle
28-08-2013, 09:48 PM
I've just had another look at the Argos 2x2 cube storage. Do you think it would be safe enough if I bought 4 of them then fixed them together and to the wall? That would give me the same storage space as the 4x4 expedit for less than I'd pay ordering from ikea! Hmmmm

I have just bought one of the four cube storage from Argos today. It comes with a part that allows you to fix it to the wall. I am happy with mine. Might have to get another.

FloraDora
29-08-2013, 07:07 AM
Clearance Edit: Store Solutions | ACHICA (http://www.achica.com/promotion/ClearanceEditStoreSolutions)

Great basket storage units on achica today.

£79 for 8 cubby holes with baskets.

I wanted a little hall bench with a basket for shoe storage for £16 but currently all reserved! Keeping my eye on it.......

Mrsh3103
29-08-2013, 07:51 AM
I like them :) I need bigger for toys but that would look lovely in my hall :) now to sweet talk the husband :)

tigwig
29-08-2013, 08:02 AM
Whereabouts are you? I have a white one I need to return! Only cost £20 hence the reason I bought 2 but only actually need 1. Im in west Yorkshire no idea how much it would cost to post? It is heavy.

Mrsh3103
29-08-2013, 08:17 AM
I'm in norfolk. I bet delivery would be quite expensive. I'm not working today so will be taking a trip round the charity shops