PDA

View Full Version : Using old pushchairs.

Glitter
27-08-2013, 06:50 PM
Two weeks ago I bought a silver cross wayfarer pushchair. It is 20 years old and the best pushchair I have ever had!
It is so comfy my 1 year old mindee tries to climb in all the time for a sit down.

I have just seen a double pushchair of about the same age for sale locally and I really want it.

But I wondered it Ofsted would have a problem with me using pushchairs of this age. I have checked them over and I think they are safe to use, but I don't want to buy the double one if Ofsted would have a problem with it.

Does anyone else use pushchairs of this age, or know if we are allowed to use them?
Thanks.

Npg1
27-08-2013, 06:51 PM
I dont have any advice but I love those pushchairs!

Mouse
27-08-2013, 07:02 PM
I had the Silvercross Wayfarer double when my second son was born over 20yrs ago. I loved it & used it for the next 10 years for my own children & childminding. I don't even know what happened to it now, but wish I'd kept it!

I@m sure you'll be OK using it as long as you check it's safe :thumbsup:

ziggy
27-08-2013, 07:06 PM
i dont know answer either but had one for my daughter, now 23. Have had all sorts of buggies while minding but hate modern ones.

would also love vintage pram to put baby out for naps in garden:blush:

caz3007
27-08-2013, 07:09 PM
I loved the silver cross wayfayrer when I had my DD who is now 24. When I had my DS 21 years ago I got a lovely coach built silver cross and loved it loads. Managed to sell it on later to another very grateful mummy and sure its probably still going strong :D

moggy
27-08-2013, 07:18 PM
As long as it is safe it is fine. No one would say a car is too old, or a high chair, or cot, or any other thing we use in our business, so no different for pushchairs!
It is only car seats that have these 'guidelines' based on how old they are.

emma04
27-08-2013, 07:37 PM
If Ofsted want to subsidise the cost of pushchairs to ensure they're new and safe to use, they are more than welcome! But until then I'll buy safe and secondhand!!

smurfette
27-08-2013, 07:59 PM
i dont know answer either but had one for my daughter, now 23. Have had all sorts of buggies while minding but hate modern ones.

would also love vintage pram to put baby out for naps in garden:blush:

Me too!!! My mum had one for foster babies when I was growing up !

FloraDora
27-08-2013, 08:27 PM
I had one of these for my children!

Comfy, easy to fold, not too big for manoeuvering around shops.

Happy strolling with it!

SYLVIA
27-08-2013, 09:13 PM
I was saying to my friend last week that I wished I still had the wayfarer I had for my own DDs 27 years ago. It was so lovely to push and the babies seemed so comfy in it. Lucky you

loocyloo
27-08-2013, 09:14 PM
several children I nannied for had the wayfarer. lovely pushchair.

xxx

Dragonfly
28-08-2013, 07:02 AM
As long as the brake works and its safe bet they wouldn't bat an eye lid.

sing-low
28-08-2013, 05:18 PM
If challenged, you could point out that older prams were made to last unlike many versions these days!