PDA

View Full Version : Flamingoland :D

adele1985
27-08-2013, 03:39 PM
Off to flamingo land with two minders and another minder tomorrow, very excited :D

My plan was to take a double buggy mindees are 3 and 4 but don't like walking the best of times never mind walking all day

Problem is I haven't got a double buggy lol I organised to lend one from a nursery I used to work at went and picked it up this morning planning to walk back with it to give it a test run - all was going well until I came to the hill then the front wheel decided to come off :s lol

Never mind ill just have to use my single and they will have to share it lol

charlottenash
27-08-2013, 05:41 PM
Have fun....!

Samijanec
27-08-2013, 05:42 PM
Ohh I used to love flamingo land, it's too far away now.. :(

When my elder kids were younger we would hire a van and stay there for the week. They loved it.

Have a fab day. X

adedwards68
27-08-2013, 08:47 PM
We used to go there when I was younger, some 30+ years ago. Loved it there. Too far to go for a day though

loocyloo
27-08-2013, 09:12 PM
woohoo!

i'm going to flamingoland too tomorrow !!!!

i'll have 3 LO, a single buggy, probably piled high with stuff and my own 2 children! all in hi viz! planning to spend most of the time with the animals, but expect we'll end up in the water play bit and soft play! if you see us say hello!

have fun! xxx

adele1985
28-08-2013, 07:53 PM
Aww we didnt see u mine had hi viz jackets on too had a really good day didnt get vak home till 7 lol

Hope u had fun xx

loocyloo
28-08-2013, 09:02 PM
Lol! Didn't see you either ( or anyone in hi viz! ) or other friends who were there!

Had a great busy day... mindees got soaked in the water play and my 2 love the splash battle ride! Got there before 10 & left at 4!

Glad you had a good day too :-)

mama2three
29-08-2013, 07:10 AM
Ohh I used to love flamingo land, it's too far away now.. :(

When my elder kids were younger we would hire a van and stay there for the week. They loved it.

Have a fab day. X

I had many a wonderful childhood day at flamingoland , also 30+ years ago. And 40+ years ago actually.
The zoo was amazing , and once you had been around there was a lovely carousel at the end.
Bit different now eh? I hope they don't keep moving away from the zoo and towards just another theme park

loocyloo
29-08-2013, 11:53 AM
I had many a wonderful childhood day at flamingoland , also 30+ years ago. And 40+ years ago actually.
The zoo was amazing , and once you had been around there was a lovely carousel at the end.
Bit different now eh? I hope they don't keep moving away from the zoo and towards just another theme park

the zoo is still very much part of flamingoland - they are getting some more rhinos very soon and building a big enclosure for them, making walkway through lemurs ( I can't wait for that - I love the lemurs! ) and recently made a walkway through the wallabys. they open the zoo during winter weekends too. they always seem to have plans. the run 'zoo academy' holiday clubs in the holidays - 9-4 for 8-12yr olds and they get to go and help feed animals, muck them out, and learn so much. my children love going. if I wasn't childminding I would seriously consider working at the zoo!

out of curiousity... do you remember the killer whale? my friends Dh grew up in guisborough and remembers a killer whale! I thought he was joking, but was looking at a 'history of flamingoland' display in the education centre and there it was!!! :D

doris127
29-08-2013, 12:03 PM
I don't remember a killer whale. It was our summer treat every year to go to flamingo land when we spent every summer visiting my gran in Pontefract. This was 30 - 40 years ago too. My abiding memory is being peed on by a tiger when I was about 10!

Samijanec
29-08-2013, 12:15 PM

It was an amazing place to take the kids, except for that music that just played on a continuos loop up in the kiddie area... :D:D
I haven't been in over ten years now as its just too far away. :(