PDA

View Full Version : Accident

charlottenash
27-08-2013, 12:24 PM
3yo just turned up with a smashed up face, like grazes which he said was from a scooter accident yesterday. its all clean and is fine, and i don't doubt the accident for a second, he's very adventurous, just wondering what to do? Do I document it as an incident so its on paper?

miffy
27-08-2013, 12:36 PM
I would fill in an "existing injury" form for this

Miffy xx

charlottenash
27-08-2013, 12:37 PM
Thank you!

Mouse
27-08-2013, 12:38 PM
It needs writing up as an existing injury. You should have got parents to do that when they arrived to drop him off.

I'd just write what they say happened, any treatment he had at the time and anything you need to be aware of (ie. any cream you need to apply, obviously with a medication from, avoid using babywipes when wiping his face etc).

charlottenash
27-08-2013, 12:44 PM
They literally dropped him at the door 'he will tell you about his face, I'm late' and ran off. They do that regularly because they are always running late.

Will fill it out now and get them to sign it at pick up, I've never had this before.

kellyskidz!
27-08-2013, 02:47 PM
It's not always easy to do existing injury forms upon arrival so I wouldn't worry too much bout that, as long as they sign it.
I've been changing a nappy before and noticed a huge bruise on child's knee where they had fallen over, I didn't notice on drop off since I don't strip them all down to inspect lol but yes I just did a form and mum signed it on collection. Did tell her if child has any other injuries in future she should tell me as OFSTED are funny about existing injuries. I always call on OFSTED for back up lol xxx

charlottenash
27-08-2013, 03:14 PM
Thank you, form all ready for pick up time