PDA

View Full Version : Would you mesasge potential parent?

EmmaReed84
27-08-2013, 08:33 AM
I had a brief visit from Mum wanting ad-hoc care for her 7yr old B&A. She dropped and seemed really happy with the ad-hoc arrangement. As she left I mentioned about her coming round one evening to sort out the contract which she agreed to arrange with me when we both had more time (it was feeding time at the Zoo LOL)

Anyway, that was just over a week ago, she seemed really keen. I don't want to pester her but obviously, would like to get things sorted as September is literally around the corner. Should I message her? If so, how can I word it so it doesn't come across pushy?

greanan
27-08-2013, 08:40 AM
Just message saying you've had some else interested in the space and is would she still like it x

EmmaReed84
27-08-2013, 08:44 AM
Just message saying you've had some else interested in the space and is would she still like it x

The thing is, it is only an ad-hoc contract for as and when care.

Daisy De
27-08-2013, 08:53 AM
I would message her and just ask "after our meeting, do you want to arrange an evening to come round to discuss arrangements?"

Don't think that it pushy, she will either reply with sorry don't need you or yes I can come round on so and so or ignore the text which probably means she is not interested.

Its a pain isn't it when they don't get back to you one way or another.

I don't think there is anything wrong with sending a message in this case, you need to know even if it is ad hoc care, she may be waiting for you to do so.

charlottenash
27-08-2013, 08:54 AM
If you want the work, message her, if your not bothered don't.

If she writes to you after some time you can then decide if you want the work, if not you can say you filled the space because of time lapse.

Petshrinklj
27-08-2013, 08:56 AM
I need my eyes testing lol. I read this as would you massage a potential parent lol. I think texting her after a week is reasonable and not pushy. Good luck hope she replies.

EmmaReed84
27-08-2013, 09:02 AM
How does this sound

"Hello X, it's Emma Reed (childminder) I am free most evenings this week except Wednesday if you were still interested in ad-hoc care for you child"

Petshrinklj
27-08-2013, 09:05 AM
Sounds good Hun not pushy at all. Maybe just add at the end 'to fill in the contract.'

hectors house
27-08-2013, 09:32 AM
After a parent visits I always text later that day saying something like "thank you for coming to visit, it was lovely to meet you and X, if you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me - please note I operate on a strictly first come first served basis, so if you would like to use my setting for X then contact me to arrange to complete contracts".

EmmaReed84
27-08-2013, 10:20 AM
:clapping: Mum coming tonight to sort out the paperwork :thumbsup:

Petshrinklj
27-08-2013, 11:02 AM
Awesome well done you

smurfette
27-08-2013, 02:03 PM
After a parent visits I always text later that day saying something like "thank you for coming to visit, it was lovely to meet you and X, if you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me - please note I operate on a strictly first come first served basis, so if you would like to use my setting for X then contact me to arrange to complete contracts".

Like this , robbing it if that's ok!!

EmmaReed84
27-08-2013, 07:58 PM
:clapping: Parent has just left, all signed up and she is lovely! :thumbsup:

Samijanec
27-08-2013, 08:22 PM

Yay that's fab news. X

sprinkles
27-08-2013, 09:08 PM

Fantastic :D

miffy
27-08-2013, 09:38 PM

That's great - well done!

I sometimes think parents make up their minds, are happy that they want us to care for their child but they just forget to tell us, lol. A gentle nudge in the right direction was well worth it :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

k1rstie
28-08-2013, 05:44 AM
I like that hector.

For the ad hoc lady, she probably sees no rush in signing contracts