PDA

View Full Version : Nania trio plus car seat recall?

migimoo
27-08-2013, 07:41 AM
Just had an email from one of my mums with a link to WHICH? stating that this car seat (which I have 2 of from Asda baby events) has been branded unsafe.

Their report states that the manufacturer and Kiddicare will replace them with an updated model....I asked at Asda and they won't exchange them personally.

I'll be ringing the manufacturer and will update on my progress I just thought everyone should know as they are so widely sold,especially at Asda.

Which? advice: replace Nania Trio Plus car seat - June - 2013 - Which? News (http://www.which.co.uk/news/2013/06/which-advice-replace-nania-trio-plus-car-seat-322953/)

MagdalenaS
27-08-2013, 07:59 AM
yes, please update which result of your call to Nania. I got 2 of them bought a year ago from Asda.
thank you.

migimoo
27-08-2013, 09:26 AM
Grrrrrr....been trying them every 5 mins since 9am-either engaged or "we are unable to take your call at the moment....please try again later" :angry:

Porridge
24-09-2013, 07:36 PM
Hello, any news on this? My mum has one she uses for the grandchildren, bought from asda about 2 years ago, but she hasn't kept receipt. Just wondering if anyone had any joy re replacement?
Thank you x

leeanne910
24-09-2013, 07:42 PM
Im sure i read that they have improved the model since but only this yr and if u google asda nania recall theres a page on asdas website where u get in touch with manufactuer :)

Ali56
24-09-2013, 08:08 PM
I saw this on FB a little while ago. The models affected are pre 2012 and maybe 2012. 2013 models are fine. A lady posted of FB about how her little boys legs were both broken etc. Terrible. I shared the link so I'll have a go at finding it...

The recall also affects the kiddicare maxi xp, which is identical
a link to the which? page here
Which? advice: replace Nania Trio Plus car seat - June - 2013 - Which? News (http://www.which.co.uk/news/2013/06/which-advice-replace-nania-trio-plus-car-seat-322953/)

lynncjt
24-09-2013, 08:09 PM
I emailed the manufacturer giving the serial Nos on the side and they sent replacemets. They took about 2 weeks to arrive.

CH1957
24-09-2013, 09:09 PM
I got mine replaced also. I emailed them, they asked me to email photo of serial number on back of seat, and I got replacement within 3 days! Fantastic service. :) They did say they had over 3000 emails so might take a while to get them out to everyone.

Chatterbox Childcare
25-09-2013, 07:47 AM
I rang head office of Asda to have a moan as my local store wouldn't take them back. I had 3, 2 x 2010 and 1 x 2011. they checked the serial numbers off of the back of each chair and said I could return them. When I took them back to the store they said no. After a lot of phone calls and me refusing to budge head office took them back via the store (full £25 credit on each)

I would advise anyone to call head office in Leeds but if anyone says yes then get a name and reference number as I am sure you will have problems instore

Kiddicare are taking theirs back but they have a kiddicare logo on them so won't take the Nania ones.

Cammie Doodle
25-09-2013, 09:50 AM
We rang regarding our seats this morning, gentleman told me that they have NOT been recalled, but as a goodwill gesture they will change them. Sending 2 replacements out to us, but allow up to 6 weeks for them to arrive. Original carseats are safe to use in the meantime .