PDA

View Full Version : Plantar fasciitis

jadavi
27-08-2013, 05:20 AM
Any fellow sufferers out there?

Also known as heel spur.

Got it worse than ever thru not wearing my orthotics over the summer. Like walking on hot coals in the morning and feel often too sore to stand on.

Anyone know if the night splints or braces are any good?

Feeling more than my age these days :(
( and going skiing in ten weeks!)

shortstuff
27-08-2013, 06:07 AM
I dont know anything about the condition but wanted to say I hope you feel some kind of relief from the pain soon x

charlottenash
27-08-2013, 06:17 AM
Hope you feel better soon xx

ajc
27-08-2013, 06:49 AM
I had it in both heels over the last ten years, it lasts for a long while and is soooo painful isn't it. Doctor suggested stretching exercises but I'm not sure it made any difference, good thing is it does go away but just takes a while, x

The Juggler
27-08-2013, 07:04 AM
ouch hon. i would def. see if there are some exercises or stretches that can help. hope its better soon.

hectors house
27-08-2013, 07:13 AM
Touch wood, mine isn't too bad at the moment but I know what you mean about being worse over the summer as you can't wear special insole that fits so well in winter shoes. Could you wear trainers for a couple of hours a day - my hubby always moans when I take so many pairs of shoes on holiday but its because I haven't got any shoes that are as comfortable as my winter ones. I have got a pair of birkenstock toe post leather flip flops (I can't wear normal flip flops as they are too flat and offer no support and also after another foot injury I can't grip with my big toe to keep them on). Birkenstocks are very good but then if I wear them too much I find my knees ache!

Aparently fit flops are supposed to be good as they have a slight wedge heel which often helps. A couple of years ago when mine was really bad I was wearing some wedge sandals whilst hanging out washing and managed to bend wrong and put my back out!

Try to do your calf stretching exercises - build it into your day with the children! Mine isn't in my heel though, you can also get it in the ball of your foot - sometimes I can hardly walk when first out of bed.

WibbleWobble
27-08-2013, 07:22 AM
I have this and if I don't wear my insoles it comes back. I was referred to an podiatrist who assessed my gait and my ankle movements. She asked me If I had cerebral palsy as my tendons are very very tight! I said no but I do have spina bifida which she said made sense.

I only wear flat well supported shoes ( doc martens) or Birkenstocks .

It is very painful and I does take months to get better but it will get better I promise

Wibble the sore footed x

jadavi
27-08-2013, 07:23 AM
Thanks

Yes I am on to it now - wearing trainers all the time with my inserts. Doing the stretches etc
You tube has some great advice.
Going to try those braces in bed and when Resting.
Will report back.
Thanks for the support!

hectors house
27-08-2013, 08:00 AM
I have this and if I don't wear my insoles it comes back. I was referred to an podiatrist who assessed my gait and my ankle movements. She asked me If I had cerebral palsy as my tendons are very very tight! I said no but I do have spina bifida which she said made sense.

I only wear flat well supported shoes ( doc martens) or Birkenstocks .

It is very painful and I does take months to get better but it will get better I promise

Wibble the sore footed x

Yes my tendons are very tight too, this is how I manage to partially rupture my achilles tendon in ankle years ago. And when we climbed up (and down) Ben Nevis on holiday last month I could hardly walk for 2 days afterwards as my calf muscles completely seized up.

I have a pair of Ecco slip on shoes (my last pair were better though - like jodphur boots) and also have a pair of suede lace up shoes (look like trainers). I wonder if my tendons are so tight because as a child and teenager I lived in welly boots and riding boots - I have no shape to my legs - my husband says if I painted them black you would think I was wearing boots - cheeky :censored:!