PDA

View Full Version : Nursery World editor: stand firm against agencies

Simona
26-08-2013, 07:55 PM
Oh yes...this endorsement is much needed...alongside the call for the EY sector to support cms..at last!!

Editor's view - stand firm against childminder agencies | Nursery World (http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/article/1208734/editors-view---stand-firm-against-childminder-agencies)

hectors house
26-08-2013, 08:40 PM
I just get a blank page when I click on the link - it that because I don't subscribe to NW mag?

Would love to read the article though - could someone copy and paste the key points for me please? :)

Simona
26-08-2013, 08:51 PM
You should be able to open it ...I have just checked

Try again
Editor's view - stand firm against childminder agencies | Nursery World (http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/article/1208734/editors-view---stand-firm-against-childminder-agencies)

rickysmiths
26-08-2013, 10:00 PM
She is asking the whole Early years Sector to stand up against Agencies which is admirable. Except why should they when it is the Private Nursery Chains who want to run the Agencies and make money out of them and if cms can't pay it will crush Childminding out of existence which means even more money for the Nursery chains as parents choice will be diminished.

I think it is parents using childminders we need to energise into action against Agencies if they want to keep their choice, childminders, still in existence and affordable.

Just done some maths on the figures quoted in the article. If you have 3 under 5 Early Years children then it will cost them a min of £20 per month each extra to cover the cost of the fees. If all three are full time then it is not too bad but if you have only one full time and two part time then it will become a greater % of your income. For those who have under five children themselves as I did years ago and can only take one EY child then the £60 per month will have to be added to that childs fees.

It is a mad mad proposal as a system.