PDA

View Full Version : Informing Ofsted about ratio changes

singlewiththree
26-08-2013, 08:22 AM
I know we can give self variations now and I currently have 4 under 3yrs with a variation, risk assessment and space taken into consideration.

I have a baby coming back with older school sibling in April and until July will need a variation for 5 under 3's for 4 hours a day (10-2). I am planning on registering an assistant, do I just do my usual variation, risk assessment and space considerations without having to inform Ofsted?

My sister will be my assistant and is bringing her 2yr old with her so I will factor that into the equation. She was a childminder herself so has a CRB and is completing the assistant form. Is that enough?

blue bear
26-08-2013, 08:37 AM
You need to register your assistant with ofsted, you need to complete a cy2 form (think its this one) and have DBS check done for assistant. If assistant is going tobe In Sole charge of the mindees she needs to do her first aid. Takes about three months I think to register an assistant.

Rick
26-08-2013, 12:03 PM
You need to register your assistant with ofsted, you need to complete a cy2 form (think its this one) and have DBS check done for assistant. If assistant is going tobe In Sole charge of the mindees she needs to do her first aid. Takes about three months I think to register an assistant.

It's an EY2 form you need. You won't need to inform them of the ratio change, just the assistant via the form :thumbsup:

hectors house
26-08-2013, 06:20 PM
Only took about 3 weeks to register my daughter after filling in EY2 form - but she already had an enhanced disclosure since 16 for "living at the registered address".

I wonder if you have to grant yourself a variation for 5 under 5 as surely your assistant can be responsible for the extra one or even two and still look after her own child?

You will have to however follow the rules for employing an assistant - make sure you have employer liability (think you get it automatically if you are with MM), keep a record of when your assistant has worked, notify parents that you are employing her (even if it is just your sister), you may need to look up a recent thread on what else you need to do regarding deducting tax and NI (depending on her earnings - and if she is employed or self employed).