PDA

View Full Version : mindee has come in damp clothes.

Npg1
26-08-2013, 07:08 AM
Hi. Have posted before about this family. Still have a few concerns, have spoken to my DO about it.

Friday D had no shoes, the only shoes he has are soft baby shoes and for a 20mth old these are no suitable. Friday he came with no shoes and we were going to outside messy play, luckily I had a spare pair of trainers to fit him. I made it clear in the home diary that I needed shoes for today. He hasnt come with any shoes.

Also his clothes are damp and the spare clothes in his bag are damp too. Again luckily I have spares so have got him changed!

Poor boy. Slightly worrying.....

smurfette
26-08-2013, 08:12 AM
Could he have spilt his drink in the car over himself over his bag? Though you would imagine mum would have Said if so!

Npg1
26-08-2013, 08:20 AM
No I dont think so. It wasnt in one specific place, it was all over his jeans and t shirt. They smell of clean washing powder so im guessing shes not let them dry properly. As with the spare clothes in his bag

greanan
26-08-2013, 08:39 AM
Could they have had a busy weekend and she hasn't caught up in washing? I have one mindee who's mum works away a lot and dad doesn't do any washing. When she's back he often comes with clothes that are still a but damp as she's not had time for them to dry them completely. He keeps spares here so I just use those x

smurfette
26-08-2013, 08:39 AM
No I dont think so. It wasnt in one specific place, it was all over his jeans and t shirt. They smell of clean washing powder so im guessing shes not let them dry properly. As with the spare clothes in his bag

Ah yes just looked
At your original post, couldn't remember

I would just mention it to mum on pick up, tell her clothes were still a bit damp,it's hard to get them
Dry in this weather isn't it with it not being too hot to do outside and the hearing not being on, blah blah., does she want to leave a spare set at yours.. I have a spare set
Here for most of my Los at least I know they are clean and dry... Re
The no shoes. Is he now walking properly? They tell you to wait Til they are walking 6 weeks before they are given a proper measures pair so maybe he hasn't hit that yet? My 19m old came with no shoes
Today mum turned house upside down and couldn't find them this am and he isn't walking yet so no proper pair.. I have spare wellies here from charity shop so can put them on him.. I have decided its less stress for me if I have bits and pieces like this and gradually collecting from carboots etc. maybe she just isn't organised yet in the mornings? She must have known clothes were damp though poor little mite!

Did they get EEG results?

Npg1
26-08-2013, 08:47 AM
I really dont get it! She must have know the clothes were damp. I dont keep a pair of his clothes here but have some spares of my own plus a pair of trainers. I will mention it to her tonight.

The eeg came back normal. Mum now thinks it blank epilepsy? ? Im not too sure

FussyElmo
26-08-2013, 08:56 AM
I really dont get it! She must have know the clothes were damp. I dont keep a pair of his clothes here but have some spares of my own plus a pair of trainers. I will mention it to her tonight.

The eeg came back normal. Mum now thinks it blank epilepsy? ? Im not too sure

Depends if she has taken them out of the drier while they were still hot. I have on several times opened my drier taken something out thought they were dry and not till several items of clothing later realised they were still damp. Could this have happened here?

Mrsh3103
26-08-2013, 09:10 AM
I've sent my ds to school in damp clothes before! Like fussy said I grabbed them out of the dryer, they were warm & felt dry. It wasn't until I picked him up from school & he was wearing his pe kit did I know anything about it!
I felt awful & have never done it again. It is so easy to do though, Especially with little ones who don't say anything.

Jiorjiina
26-08-2013, 05:36 PM
Maybe they thought they were dry enough, and would dry quickly with him wearing them? At least they were clean clothes!

I've had kids dropped off in pyjamas before with damp (but not wet) clothes and been asked to dry them so child can wear them. The family had just got back from a weekend away the night before, so I wasn't bothered by it. On the other hand, at least mum pointed out that they were damp and asked me to dry them first...

The lack of shoes is a little concerning though. Perhaps they don't want child to wear shoes too much?

Samijanec
26-08-2013, 06:11 PM
I keep a spare set here, might be worth asking mum to leave a set with you.

freckleonear
26-08-2013, 07:17 PM
Have you asked about the shoes? Plenty of people believe that barefoot shoes are best for foot health, so that might explain why his mum is keeping him in soft baby shoes for as long as possible.

Npg1
27-08-2013, 08:52 PM
Hi. I told her about the clothes and she said thats strange because they were all in his drawer.

He came today with a pair of next trainers, whoop whoop!

sing-low
27-08-2013, 08:55 PM
Hi. I told her about the clothes and she said thats strange because they were all in his drawer.

He came today with a pair of next trainers, whoop whoop!

Hooray for shoes!

Samijanec
27-08-2013, 09:19 PM
Yay, looks like you're winning. :)