PDA

View Full Version : All about me

No.19
25-08-2013, 11:32 AM
I need help please
I have my youngest ever starter starting at the end of september
she will be two months old, at contract signing she was four weeks old, initial meet 2 weeks,
not sure how to do all about me as so so young...
Mum works in foundation stage at school and she understood why I wasn't sure how to word All about me, as baby changes almost daily... learning curve for mum, dad, baby and me.
Any ideas greatly received please, realise need so information but being so young?
Thanks in advance.

Rick
25-08-2013, 01:20 PM
I need help please
I have my youngest ever starter starting at the end of september
she will be two months old, at contract signing she was four weeks old, initial meet 2 weeks,
not sure how to do all about me as so so young...
Mum works in foundation stage at school and she understood why I wasn't sure how to word All about me, as baby changes almost daily... learning curve for mum, dad, baby and me.
Any ideas greatly received please, realise need so information but being so young?
Thanks in advance.

As you say, baby is very young, will probably not have a solid routine yet. You can still ask parents about sleep times, feeding times etc. What will be important is documenting the routine with you as it will change regularly via a daily diary or similar; keep asking parents how routine is developing at home.
Good luck

loocyloo
25-08-2013, 03:21 PM
i would probably use something like an hourly diary for such a young babe

ie ... 8.40 sleep

9.05 woke up

9.10 changed nappy -wet

9.15 played

10.00 bottle 4 oz - took most of it

etc etc

I would probably do this for the first few days/weeks till you get the hang of babes routine. it will also help the parents to see how babe was with you, and they might be able to do something similar.

good luck. i'd love to have such a tiny one, my littlest for about 7 years starts in a few weeks and she will be 6 mths!

Rachel6
25-08-2013, 04:32 PM
I do the same as loocyloo,I send home a pad & we use it as a two communication as not much chance to talk in the mornings, when they are that little I just right down when they have slept,fed how much,changed & what we did went for a walk etc. enjoy lots of cuddle times x

Bumble Beez
25-08-2013, 05:14 PM
I would complete a basic all about me for when the babe starts, with basic personal details, DOB, allergies etc...

Mum and dad can contribute in the daily diary with changes in routines or Info you need ect...then parents can add to the all about me booklet when child reaches different milestones :)

Nursery resources do a daily diary for babies where you can document everything down and so can parents...worth a look as they are only £1.50 each
https://www.nurseryresources.org/

Sarah x